Have an LG VX7000 which I'm very happy with. Only thing missing from it for me is Bluetooth and the interface for typing is cumbersome.
What's prompting the new phone idea is the need to quickly login to a particular wap site by entering a username and password, read some info, enter a "captcha" and click through to another page. This is critical - I must be able to enter alphanumeric case-sensitive characters quickly and easily. BTW, I'm a long-time Palm user having had Palm III, IIIC, TRGPro, Vx and currently an iQue 3600.
In addition to the wap site I like voice dialling, pictures on caller ID, different ringtones based on caller ID, don't really care about camera, video, mp3 playback, streaming, etc. Knowing who is calling before answering is critical. Finally I use a cellphone as the primary means of clients contacting me and the quality of the call has to be as good as landline - IOW they should not be able to tell that I'm on a cell in my car as much as that is possible. Similarly dropped calls, headsets that won't pair properly and so on are deal breakers. All this while sticking with VZW, other carriers are not an option.
I was all set to jump for an XV6700 but was a little turned off by the feel of it - just doesn't feel as well made as the Treo so I turned my attention to the Treo 650 - being comforted by the familiar Palm apps and liking the screen and so on. Now I've spent hours reading about the limitations of BT on the 650 and lots of complaints about use with headsets and the fact that there is no BT voice dialling or ringtones and I'm all confused. Help! Treo 650? Treo 700 and accept that I'll have to learn to like Outlook and the very "busy" looking screens or take the XV6700 and start hacking away to make it work the way I want it? Sorry for the length of this post but I wanted to be very clear and I'm looking to buy a new phone tomorrow or shelve it and keep my VX7000 until a clear choice comes along. Thanks in advance for all advice and, please, no fanboy nonsense.