It's been quite a while since I updated my phone and my old ones close to death, so heres a quick breakdown of my situation and what I'd like to end up with. Any suggestions on a phone or a provider would be appreciated.

What I have
Phone: LG vx6000
Provider: Verizon
Plan: 400 min/unlimited nights & weekends

What I want - Phone Features
Size: I'd like something on the smaller side but with a decently readable screen. I'm not looking for a PDA, I'd like something that will fit in my pocket. I've mostly been looking at bar shaped phones since the screens on clam style phones are typicaly too small.
International Compatability: I plan to do some travel abroad so I'd like at least tri-band GSM but would prefer quad-band
OS: Preferably Windows Mobile 5.0 unless the phone is rediculiously perfect otherwise. (older versions of WM are ok if the phone can be upgraded, I have access to the software)
Conectivity: Bluetooth and preferably WiFi*
Camera: I'd like a camera which takes reasonably decent pictures, but it doesn't have to be a replacement for my digital camera.

Questions
*WiFi sounds great, but what are the benifits of having a WiFi enabled phone? Does it just enable faster web browsing or are there other perks?

How I want to use the phone
Email: I want to be able to check my corporate email (outlook) and possibly my personal email (gmail and/or hotmail). I want my email to be delivered to my phone, not just store a duplicate of whats in my inbox when I sycn with my pc.
IM: I'd like a somewhat decent IM client (AIM & possibly MSN) and preferably one that uses an internet connection not text messages.
Internet Access: I'd like the most full featured internet access possible from my phone. I don't plan on doing a huge amount of web surfing but I'd like a bit more out of my phone than the wap browser I have right now. I see myself ocasionaly looking up movie times, directions on google maps or similar site, and possibly checking the weather/traffic. I also want the ability to hook my phone to my laptop/auto computer and use it for internet access.

What I want from a phone provider
Voice: I'd like around 300-400 minutes plus nights and weekends. If I was on cingular's rollover plan I might be able to do with less minutes since most months I do not reach my limit, while other months I make more calls.
Data: I'd like unlimited internet access through a laptop and through my phone that doesn't use my minutes. Speed isn't too critical because I don't plan to download large files.
Special Services: I hate how much cell providers charge for things like wallpaper and ringtones and the like so I'd prefer a phone that's as unhampered by thigns like verizons 'get it now' service as possible.

What I'm currently looking at
So far from my research it seems like Cingular and T-Mobile are my bests choices for a GSM provider. I've always had higher opinions of Cingular (as a a former east coast resident), but since moving to the west coast (Seattle, WA) it seems as if T-Mobile gets reception ratings on par with Verizon.
Questions
Which of these two providers has a better combination data/voice plan?
Are there any other US providers which I should be considering?

As for phones, when I was looking at phones last year I was thinking about getting an Audiovox 5600 (C500) but those are pretty out of date now. I looked for similar phones and found these two:
HTC Faraday / 2125 / 2100 (Cingular)
HTC Tornado / SDA (USA) / SP5m (T-Mobile)
Of the two, I'd much rather the Tornado since it seems to be a better version of the Faraday but the Faraday is the only phone available through Cingular (if i choose cingular as a provider).
Questions
I'm thinking about buying an unlocked Tornado and using it with Cingular... Is there anything I should be aware of if I do this? Will some features not work with Cingular that would have worked with T-Mobile?
Are there other phones coming out that are similar to these phones or other phones you'd highly recomend?

Thanks again for any information you can give me