Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia 6270, Sony K750i, or Samsung D600?

ok, i currently have a nokia 6610, and i really wanna change it soon. which of the 3 phones is better? at first, i decided on the 6270, which is the more than the other 2 choices. that means that price is pretty much not an issue. then a few of my friends told me to look at the sony and samsung. mp3 player functions are not a biggie for me cuz i have a creative zvm. i'm more after ease of user interface and camera quality (video and still).

ive heard that the sony is a very solid phone. the only thing i'm questioning is its screen size and sony's good ol' proprietary memory stick.

as for samsung, im kinda unsure about its quality. and from looking at the specs, it's got less battery life and it looks like the keypad's pretty small.

finally, the nokia. i'm really used to its user interface, but i'm questioning its camera quality quite a bit. and it's the biggest out of all the 3 phones.

i know both samsung and nokia phones use miniSD cards,which are probly more expensive than sony's memory stick duos.

also, im a bit nokia-biased cuz i've only had nokia phones. but i am more than willing to choose the sony or samsung if they are better.

which would be a better buy without factoring in prices? and could anyone give me input on the video recording framerates and picture quality on the 3 choices?

thanks in advance.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Correction on a few things you said about the samsung:

1. it uses t-flash/microSD cards, not miniSD
    2. quality is excellent, many D600 owners are very happy with their phones, its solidly built, excellent slider, few reliability problems
    3. samsungs are a nuisance to reflash software so if you like to do that, i'd think about that
    4. the D600 is small and if you have big mannish fat fingers, you may find it hard to use
    5. the samsung has the BEST screen of all the phones from resolution 240x320 and brightness/sharpness
    6. the mp3 player has a lot of problems, can only play 30 song playlists x 4, so if that means you have like 200 songs, you cannot play them all in one big playlist.

Ed

thanks for some info on the d600 and clarifying its media card. as for flashing the software, i dont do that now, but i tinker around with my pc and mp3 player a lot and that tinkering might move into my cell too. mp3 player function isnt a biggie for me.

how's the camera on it? are still photos of very high quality for a 2mp? how about video? what framerate does it record at?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The video camera on the D600 is excellent, it can record either in 15 fps 3gp or 30 fps mp4 video format for as long as memory can hold.

the 2 MP camera is CMOS, doesnt have autofocus, but takes fairly decent pics in good lighting conditions. It's not among the best of the 2 MP cameras, but far from the worst.

Ed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information