Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ORB streaming media to S60

Has anyone given this a try? My friend has it running very well on his E62, he is able to stream video and music to Realplayer over cingular's edge network. Unfortunately I am a Mac user and have no windows boxes at home. anyone know if there is an equivalent for OS X ?

http://www.orb.com/

Orb itself doesn't work on anything but XP (though they claim that they are working on a version for *nix and OS X). However, there are binary builds for MythTV, which can sling Media in the same way, for Mac OS X. It's a bit more technically challenging to setup then a service like Orb, but it will allow the same functionality through MythWEB. Go here for more information on it. I've never used OS X, but a MythTV setup on Linux works very well (as I said, with the caveat that it's a bit more daunting to your average user to setup).

-olly

orb works great on my 6682 over T-mobile edge, E70 over edge and wi-fi, even on a old ppc using a t68i as a bluetooth modem over gprs. If you want it to work, buy a pc, save your mac to do photoshop, other than that a pc will almost always have wider hardware and software capability.

i cant seem to get orb to work with my e61 and t-mobile.

any suggestions?

and to the OP i suggest you get a new intel mac so you can use windows on it, i use a macbook pro and love it, i think i hate windows now haha.

You may have a router blocking ports, try designating open ports on your router or firewall that match the ports in your Orb config, also try port 81 instead of 80 in the Orb config and do the stream/serve check on that same config screen to make sure it doesn't come back with an error. Also make sure your handset has a default access point in realplayer, I have mine set to T-Zones. Finally set the preferred media for Orb in your handset browser to 3gp, Real media doesn't seem to work.If you have to leave the computer on to serve your media...wouldn't an inexpensive pc box be more cost effective than any mac.?I don't like apple products.

Where to get this orb software and what all does it take for me to get it to work on my E62? Also, do I have to be near a computer or router of some sort to stream from? Hope that made since.

orb working great on my e61. surpassed my expectations...............

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

the issue is, it saves some odd .flv file type and then when i open it it is a link to some page which becomes very confusing.

http://hauppauge.com/orb/index.html

Are you able to stream HD content? Not DivX avi HD or wmv HD but OTA ATSC HD?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information