Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Took the Nokia plunge with an N73 ME

My wife's and my v551s are long in the tooth. In fact, hers is exhibiting the white screen syndrome.

So, for Christmas, we are getting new phones. I just ordered her a SE w710i, and myself an N73 ME. My first foray into OTM[other than Motorola].
    We'll see if it pays off.

In researching forums, let me tell you, it seems every cell manufacturer is, for the most part, much, much more interested in making a buck than releasing phones that are READy to be released. Or they are perfectly content releasing crap for the sheeple masses. Every manufacturer has it turds.

The reason I went with SE and Nokia is mainly their websites. I can get unlocked phones and go to their websites and have SMS/MMS/WAP setting sent to my phones. I don't have to use 3rd party software.

So, "Bye-bye, Moto".

Anyway, the N73 is probably more phone than I need, but I am tired of flips, and not interested in a slider, and figured what-they-heck.

well first off congrats for finding the right forum. Second, congrats on dumping Moto and coming into the light. Anything you want your phone to do, it can do.

I will let you know, if you have an unlimited data plan, you're going to enjoy your phone EVEN MORE. If not, that's ok too. Check the freeware thread stickied, there's tons of great stuff on there.

Also check out my website, www.symbian-guru.com. It's got some software reviews, with screenshots and links, as well as a "features" section for people just like you, who have never had an s60 device before. it's just recently started, but the stories that are there are just exactly what you can expect to find there in the future.

Again, welcome to s60.

Congrats, a good choice BTW! Ithink going from moto to S60 will be liberating to say the least. Not to mention that the N73 ME is darn sexy!

When you do get it, visiti the freeware thread to add even more functionality.

Welcome to the real pleasure of Life *cough*NOKIA*cough*

i just got an n73 ME also. coming from a SE w810, i was wondering if there were any programs to use the phone as a bluetooth remote or for a timer/stopwatch. i looked in the freeware thread, but i couldn't find any.

salling clicker, review here

how is the sound quality of the Nokia N73 ME on the stereo headset? is it as good or better than the w810 and the Sony Walkman phones or what?

In today's cell phone manufacturing industry (as in many high-tech industry), the key to success is to beat your competitor in coming out with newer products with better features. I know you are going to say if the features don't work properly, what is the point. But competition is fierce and these companies are here to make a profit. They are constantly fighting for as little as 1% of market share (which is a lot of money). Part of the reasons why Samsung and LG became popular was that they came up with products with unique features. But of course after people used it and realize they are crap, their market shares fall.

Also, cell phone firmware are getting more complex, handling more features. That is why the more complext the cell phone, the higher the chance of having problems because there are so many more programming and components.

You can only choose a manufactuer that is better than the others. With the switch to Nokia, you will be happy with their phones. It is true that some of their phones have problems, in the end, the are still better than Mot. My N73 froze when I sent a lot of SMS and had popping sound during a call. But freezing problem was fix by the SMS accelerator (a patch from Nokia) and the popping sound is gone after I updated by firmware using Nokia Software Updates.

Well, I found out today I will NOT be getting the N73 ME I ordered.

Seems the seller was selling them on e-bay and their other site while they had no stock! They charged my credit card and didn't even bother to let me know it until the 3rd phone call to them. So, I will NEVER buy from them again. Fortunately, they refunded my $ without any hassles ASAP.

BTW, they advertise on this site.

So, I am getting the silver N73 from another e-bayer with great feedback.

We'll see.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

take some side by side pics and post them up .. i'd like to check those bad boys out.
    good luck with them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information