Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

"Good" phones from Unicel's selection

I'm looking at a new phone as my current workhorse the Audiovox 8900 is taking the proverbial last dump. I am unable to go with another carrier other than Unicel so that suggestion is not needed. I'm looking for whatever options I have. I'm on Unicel in Northern MN/Eastern ND and on a CDMA network. Basically Unicel (zipcode 58102) only offers:

Motorola RAZR V3C
    Motorola V710
    Nokia 6015i
    Motorola V266
    LG 4270
    LG 5000
    Palm Treo 650

Price isn't a huge issue but it will probably be a deciding factor in the end. Features aren't too important either, I'd just like a good phone that's usable as it seems all these selections are lacking somewhat. In the end I really would have loved to have an MP3 player built in but that's probably not going to happen.

So, I'd simply like to ask what are my best options, any alternatives? I'd appreciate any insight anyone can give me. Thanks.

Any help? Would there be any reason not to go with the LG5000 as that is my top pick right now?

The lg5200 series is not that good i dont know about that phone the lg5000 which i believe is the same phone verizon released the 5300 which is the upgrade they cant get ride of the 5200 yet and its been out a while for us. But for the money the v710 would be a good phone its the best out of the motorolas with feature wise the v266 is okay but small the v710 would be better bigger keys and screen it has bt and camera video and gets good reception and is a tri mode which is good for travel.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by awsumnes1 View Post
    I'm looking at a new phone as my current workhorse the Audiovox 8900 is taking the proverbial last dump. I am unable to go with another carrier other than Unicel so that suggestion is not needed. I'm looking for whatever options I have. I'm on Unicel in Northern MN/Eastern ND and on a CDMA network. Basically Unicel (zipcode 58102) only offers:

Motorola RAZR V3C
    Motorola V710
    Nokia 6015i
    Motorola V266
    LG 4270
    LG 5000
    Palm Treo 650

Price isn't a huge issue but it will probably be a deciding factor in the end. Features aren't too important either, I'd just like a good phone that's usable as it seems all these selections are lacking somewhat. In the end I really would have loved to have an MP3 player built in but that's probably not going to happen.

So, I'd simply like to ask what are my best options, any alternatives? I'd appreciate any insight anyone can give me. Thanks.
    It is more important to have a well configured mobile handset that fulfills all the menus of mobile into one location.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information