Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

tmobile or verizon: phone thats good with aim? and personal ringtones..?

so, im looking at going to either tmobile or verizon. im in the chicago area.

im looking for a phone that i can put my own mp3 ringtones on and that is stellar with AIM.

i liked the sidekick, but i can upload my own ringtones onto there, right? i have to download them...? any help at all is appreciated! thanks!

Should have decent service there with either carrier. Do travel overseas or to other parts of the US and Canada?

travel to: FL, other areas of IL, IN, WI..

still have no clue which phone to get.. i was looking at the MDA on tmobile, but im not sure :/

On verizon you could get the 9900, but remember that with aim you are using texts and that can get expensive. I think that the sk3 would probably be your best bet. Good luck
    -z

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks

so...

verizon-
    LG enV (9900), but each AIM IM counts as a txt msg?
    the packages i saw for txt msging werent that great and didnt give me unlimited txt msgs..

tmobile-
    sidekick3 - 20 bucks for the sidekick data package, which seems really good since everything is unlimited.. no wifi(?) & i have to pay 2.50 for songs for ringtones from them( :/ )

dash - seems like a good qwerty smartphone. it has wifi built in too.. can i log onto a wifi connection and can i use an AIM application on the phone to use for free? +++ it is a "my faves" enabled phone!

MDA - same as dash... i guess.. its 100 $ more, so im not sure why i'd pick the MDA over the dash...

also, with tmobile, 15$ for unlimited txt msg's, so would this cover AIM if i cant sign onto an aim app using the wifi..

ok, heres a real interesting question.. i see that these smartphones sync up with PC's easily, but do they sync up well with my Apple? iCal and AddressBook ?

thanks for helping guys.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

with regards to aim on verizon, not only does each im count as a text, but it takes one to sign off, one to sign on, and anywhere from one to three to get your buddy list depending on size. a quick aim chat with one person could easily be 10-15 texts, and they do not count as "in" and therefore are not free with the unlimited in text packages on verizon. basically, its is incredibly uneconomical to use aim on a verizon phone. Using an SK3 is definetely worth the money (in my opinion, in fact I carry one in addition to my verizon phone for texts and internet and such). My friend has a dash and i played around with it for a little while. It really is an awesome little device. the keys are a little small if you have large fingers so you might want to test one out before you actually buy one. hope this helped.
    -z

thanks yachi.

does anyone know if the dash will sync up well with a mac?

bump.

im either looking at getting the MDA or dash...

which is better for aim?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information