Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Cingular, which phone?

So I'm a recent addition to Cingular, but I cannot find a phone that seems to have all the features I like. So I wanted to get some input from everyone.

I'm thinking of buying an unlocked D900, but want to have one from Cingular, so....

Here's the things I would "like" to have in my phone:
    Flip/clamshell design preferably
    1MGP camera or higher
    Micro SD slot
    bluetooth
    calendar feature
    slim design
    ability to customize text/vm notifications

Somethings it "MUST" have for me:
    MP3 Player
    ability to customize ringtones
    Loud speakerphone
    Fast UI, IE no delays

So I tried the A707 for a few days and not sure I like it. The speakerphone is not that loud to me (Coming from Sprint and using Sanyo phones who's speakers are AMAZINGLY Loud). I also could not find a calendar feature to save my life :-(. The last thing I dind't like about it, it was a little to "big" overall, mainly length wise.

I tried my buddies CU500 back when it first came out and if I remember the speakerphone was very loud which I liked, I liked the look, but don't remember if it had a calendar feature. Also I believe you cannot customize text/vm alert sounds. OH and I hate acending ringtones.

those are the only 2 phones I've tried or know anything about so any input is appreciated.

I'm thinking of buying the D900, return the phoen I have right now and the sales lady said if I did return the phone I bought from them, I have 6 months to choose a phone and get a new customer discount on it? can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for any input

Cingular, which phone?

a707 has a calendar with appointments and memos and alarms if that's what you're looking for, if something more than no, cause that's all it has.

The speakers are a little soft but about the size...it's the same length and width as a Razr just thicker.

Cingular, which phone?

get a nokia 6131

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cingular, which phone?

I've used a D900 - its asweet phone, real nice slider, real nice screen.

Cingular, which phone?

I don't think that the D900 allows for customized voicemail/text notification. I thought I read a review on SprintUsers in the other provider forum that someone wrote. I know that my Samsung D807 does not allow for that, although it does have all of the other requirements that you seek.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cingular, which phone?

but the D900 has a nice camera though

Cingular, which phone?

Yep, 3.0+ megapixel correct? Mine is only a 1.3. Oh well. My 7.1 megapixel Olympus takes good enough pictures for me.

Cingular, which phone?

yes 3.0, IMO better than N73

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information