Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Microsoft: Sony "talentless" - PS3 online a "disaster"

If he wasnt talking about the GT's online network, well then uh, what was he talking about?

I was talking about the online in GT HD, and you came up with the physics and all that

ibMSissuperiortoallSonyproducts.

Essentially, its the same service.... just formatted differently.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

well having both systems, and using both online. if you compare them on the ability to play games, i dont see either be better, 40 player resistance, not a single bit of lag. xbox live, no lag there either. for content. xbox live wins, but what kinda content are we talking. i dont download movies or tv shows or stupid shit like that, so if you use that kinda stuff, i can see why you would think xbox live is superior.

ps3 online does what i mainly want and thats play games outta the box atleast. yes, it lacks content, but it is barely 2 months after release, xbox live wasnt the end all to online services after 2 months either. takes time. in the end, it doesnt really matter, xbox boys will always say sonys products are worse no matter what. i dont really care either way, was making a few observations. if you dont like ps3 online based on what you read or hear on OT so be it.

if you have tried ps3 online and hate it, oh well. atleast you tried it and you can voice your opinion by all means

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you have unified friends lists across all games?
    Can you send messages with text, voice or picture?
    Can you control your friends list and messages with a computer?
    Can you download free demos of arcade games?
    Can you download movie previews for free, in HD?
    Can you download games/movies while playing a game?
    Can you get messages during playing a game and talk to that person playing a different game?
    Can you get invites to games?
    Can you get special achievements during games?

Some of these answers may in fact be yes, I have no idea because I haven't played with the friends list in my PS3 yet.

Both companies can and will act like children and call each other names from afar, tout their platform will cure cancer, solve world hunger and provide the best next gen gaming / media experience bar none, and do it cheaper than their competitors while fanboys on both sides play cheerleader.

XBOX live IS currently better and has more content than Sony at the moment. That being said, XBOX Live leaves much to be desired in terms of content. I'll be satisfied once there is a huge selection of full length new HD on demand movies, TV shows, and premier title games that I can download faster than it takes me to go to a B&M store buy it, return home and start watching/playing. Id gladly pay a premium for that. If that was available now, both platforms would choke on the storage requirements.

Sony and MS should both be ashamed that a damn Ipod you can put in your pocket shames them in terms of storage space. Speaking of Apple, if Sony was to add I-tunes support they could greatly help them foster a better image of their online services. It would be a slam dunk for MS, especially with their use of the 360 as an extension of media center. Too bad Itunes competes against MS media player/urge.

As far as Moore's commentary on the $600.00 price of the PS3, beatadeadhorse.gif , add Sony's features to the 360 and the 360 isn't such a "bargain" anymore.

BTW I own and enjoy both a PS3 & 360

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

how long has xbox live been out? How long has sony playstation network been out?

i wasnt attacking ps3's online network, which is what this thread is about. i was replying to the fact that having leaderboards is nothing new nor anything inovative. i see los is in here so i'm sure i'm about to get triple teamed here...but whatever. i was simply replying to one guy and apparently that was seen as something else

All of which you have to buy. The 360 includes a headset for Live to talk during games. And who in the hell wants a fucking keyboard and mouse to browse the internet with on a console?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information