Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

EDGE on Iphone vs EDGE on Nokia N95

Hey martin about the discount, they tell me time and time again, it will void discount on all lines, cingular screwed up and made my wifes phone the main line, so i was adding iphone to my line,but they say i will lose my discount and i work for the u.s.p.s 50% off handsets and accessories, and 25% off monthly bill.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That should actually benefit all users of EDGE on the AT&T network. I find that EDGE speeds are quite variable. I did a benchmark test on my n95 with AT&T and T-Mobile on Friday and AT&T was about 50% faster. I did the same test on Saturday and T-Mobile got the edge by about 25%. In general, I get as slow as 70kbps and as fast as 175 kbps on either network.

I agree that things such as processor speed will also affect how the phones render pages. The iPhone has a speedy 612 MHz ARM processor, and I think the n95 has a 377MHz processor (still above average, but not quite as quick as the iPhone). OS X also makes better use of RAM than S60, so certain pages are likely to render more quickly on the iPhone. n95 will also try to load flash lite and java applets, so certain pages might also load more slowly. That's why Opera Mini can sometimes come in handy on the n95.

I'd go with whatever AT&T tells you. I work for the AT&T Real Yellow Pages and all they give us is a 10% discount (crazy, right?? We also didn't get any discounts or free iPhones like Apple employees did). Since you get 25% & don't work directly for AT&T, your discount probably works differently...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds like my story exactly, my N95 has been in the box since iI got the iPhone last Tuesday(and probably end up on eBay). I just can't see going back to physical buttons. I really do miss MMS though, and hopefully they will enable it in a software update.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information