Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sync ONE GROUP of contacts only with android (HTC Desire)

Strange alright, will post back when I hopefully get it solved anyway

So with the extensive help of partyatmygaff over msn, I was able to root my desire and I finally got the contacts app working on it! I saved the chat transcript as it may be helpful for anyone else wanting to install from Windows XP. This is an ultra dumbed down version. I made sure to ask as many questions as possible, even if I was 99% sure of the answer myself

Some of the files were sent to me over msn like the market enabler etc, but these should be easily found online anyway. Also, the program I use for the commant prompt is called "command prompt here" I think, but you can just type in the address of the folder in DOS if you know how anyway!

You can see the transcript here: http://www.vantasks.ie/xpdesireroot.html

There is a good bit of filler, but it really covers absolutely everything you need to know so once you get to the bottom of the page, your desire should be rooted and ready to go

So I got the contacts sync thing working anyway, I can now sync with my chosen group from Gmail, but I can't believe it, if I have this group selected and I save a new contact, it wont save to that group, but just the "all contacts" group even though that's not selected

Always something! The guy in post 10 here: http://rabroad.com/forums/f9/add-or-edit-contact-groups-12668/ seems to have got it going, but as you can see in my reply, post 11, it's not saving to the desired group for me!

Wow - good news, mostly. Thanks for posting your conversation, other people will certainly find it useful.

Well I hope if anyone is in the same situation I was it can be a quick solution

Thanks to you aswell for the constant support and help. Now I just hope I can get the bleedin contact save thing sorted!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love how they don't actually give you an answer, only that if they do figure it out they'll post the answer somewhere (and don't say where) on their website, yet say "I trust this resolves your query".

If you do find their answer, please post a link here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information