Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

2.2 update problems on my EVO

Hi folks, new poster. I'm new to Android since getting my EVO. 2.1 worked smoothly, but I've been having little glitches since my 2.2 update. Did the official update. Now the stock email app regularly purges my inbox, my touchscreen precision is noticeably less precise, the on-screen text entry frame isn't scaled quite right, some web pages that used to scroll beautifully now hang, there seem to be slight lags in responsivity, etc. Is anyone else having these annoyances? Should I try a reinstall? If so, how? Thanks for any suggestions.

The touch screen issues are because of the 30fps cap the Evo has. That cap also effects touch input lag because the screen refresh rate is only at 30hz as well. So I bet your screen is the exact same, you just are having a placebo effect.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Community App

Love those placebos. Thanks. Now I just have to figure the other stuff out.

Using CM6 will uncap the GPU, and from what I hear makes a huge difference. I'm about to install this myself, because the touch input lag can be a drag.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. I look forward to hearing how CM6 works out. My hung web page is page/browser specific I think. The site is very very flash heavy. Maybe with the enhanced flash in 2.2 the native browser is just choking on the site. Happens on the same site with IE on my netbook. Opera and Chrome load the page fine on my netbook, Skyfire works slightly better than the native browser on my EVO. And now my email inbox isn't self-purging anymore. Spontaneous healing? Maybe it just knows I complained about it in public.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Community App

I recommend using Dolphin HD. I've had better or similar performance on general web with that browser with slightly better Flash performance.

Also, with your screen issues, I don't think that is a placebo, but I would wonder if you were running 1.47 before upgrading to Froyo or were you on the earlier OTA patch?

I went from the pre-release engineering build all the way to Froyo release .3 and then official release .6 all in about 48 hours since I was maintaining root on my phone and I can tell you that the pre-release thru first OTA releases DEFINITELY had the grounding problem as seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8U2amlgb1M

However, 1.47 did not seem to have this issue or not as pronounced, and I have not seen it since upgrading to 2.2 (either early .3 or official .6 release)

I also had some Froyo upgrade gremlins. However all of them were dispatched when I did a factory data wipe (Cache+NAND). I then selectively restored apps+data back from Titanium backup. However reinstalling messaging put me to the weird half state of the English+Mic/Spanish keyboard toggle key instead of the standard English/Mic toggle. But that is a small niggle for the incredible speedy fury that is Froyo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information