Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Weird notification...

Today, a weird thing happened on my LifeDrive:

I was just sitting there when I noticed out of the corner of my eye that my screen had just popped on and there was a notice that I needed to install my Palm OS CD on my desktop and hotsync my LD. I'd done all this 2 years ago now. It looked like a 'task' notification; but when I checked my tasks for the day, it wasn't listed anymore (I thought I'd not marked it as 'done' but 'clear.') I also did a soft reset.

Also, I noticed it seemed to take a 'chunk' out of my battery life when I got back to the home screen. Also, my digitizer seems more out of whack than usual (in landscape). I recalibrated a few times; but couldn't get it back to as good as it was before. My LD has always been less accurate in landscape mode than portrait (where it still seems perfect).

Anyone else ever notice anything like this?

Weird notification...

Long ago there was a reminder function built into Palms that would tick you at a preset interval to register your device if the option hadn't been cleared thru Hotsync &Palm Desktop (circa 2003.) Maybe some kind of holdover from that time?

Weird notification...

You're probably right. For some reason, when I tried to register my LD (which was bought after it was discontinued; but before Palm redid its site); it never 'took.' I still get that notice every 10 times or so that I boot up my desktop. I registered manually by sending in the form that was generated by the process (only the 'finish' or 'submit' step failed to work with Palm's site). I guess because of that, my subsequent hotsyncs didn't 'clear' the message; because it 'thought' I hadn't registered my device yet.

I tried to fix this with a rep (again when Garnet devices were still supported by reps); but couldn't get it resolved so I gave up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information