Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

so many answers so little of questions

IMHO, the VZW feature phones aren't quite so bad as r0k portrays them to be. The main menu he listed is accurate, but as of 3 years ago, depending on the specific phone, one could assign one or more shortcut buttons to quickly navigate to a calculator, or alarms, or photos, or.........I can get to the Calculator tree (it offers 3 types -- normal, tip and converter) in 5 button-presses, without the shortcut method, btw.

also, on my ancient (in dog years, let alone mobile comm years ) Samsung Flipshot, I have no problem differentiating the different icons for a contacts multiple numbers.

YMMV

Well pretty much that Android is so much an evolution from Palm. My opinion is probably pretty rare on that one i'm guessing, but I think it's actually in the wrong direction. Many of the cons you listed could be argued to be pluses from another perspective, like energy efficiency. But we can disagree on that one.

Understood now. I've never found it that frustrating personally, but obviously experiences vary.

The real mystery here, is not how VZW figures out a newer way to strip its customers off their hard-earned bucks, by the cart loads. The mystery here is how Mr. r0k, with the patience so low he sometimes shows, managed to keep his sense for so long, instead of getting into a gun shop and purchasing a couple of presents for his local VZW rep

Thanks for the info I'm slowly learning the ways of the palm.I've " hard reset" and lost everything but no big Deal. Been doing my forms surfing and I got to say thanks
    I'm really glad I stumbled upon such greatness .

In my experience with the T|X (and likely all NVFS devices), there is no such thing as a 100% data-wiping reset.

When I did the most complete "factory reset" procedure possible with the T|X because I was going to sell it shortly after buying it, trying it, and not liking it, I was more than a bit surprised that when I decided to give it one more try (since this was back in the days when we were all still stumbling through software compatibility issues with NVFS) and I setup my email again, it asked me if I wanted to overwrite "[email protected]" ???!!!!! So much for a complete hard reset.

Makes you wonder what phone account information is still in there, eh? When I did ultimately sell it a few months later, I did another hard reset, installed FileZ on it, changed the attributes on the all the files, and then went through and deleted everything that (of course) wasn't on the ROM and then did another hard reset so those files would be recreated without a residue of my configuration/information.

That's the only way you'll get a 100% hard reset back to factory condition and wiping your information off the device. That's one of the things I love about my trust ol' Palm Tungsten|C. When I hard reset it, everything is definitely gone. Stupid NVFS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information