Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: .cab help!!!

.cab help!!!

I got a brand new htc tilt 2 the other day. installed apps from the marketplace, no problem. I want to install evernote, and whip2snap, maybe a few others. I have tried .exe through activesync, and i have tried transferring .cabs to my documents and installing on the phone, neither of which have been successful. I am pretty knowledgeable with all things technology but truly I dont understand this. When i tap on the .cab to try to install it, it does nothing. double tap, whatever, does not work. I have sufficient memory as far as i can tell. any help, would be incredibly appreciated guys, truly !

thanksfor your time.

.cab help!!!

A single tap on the .cab should start the installation process. I don't know if you need to app-unlock your phone; I don't consciously remember app-unlocking mine but my TP2 is my 3rd Windows Mobile phone and I might have just done it out of habit.

.cab help!!!

Welcome to rabroad, abcasteel!

I've never had any issue installing by either method on my TP2 (sold by AT&T as the Tilt 2.) I'm only guessing (which isn't of much help,) but if you have a carrier-branded model with a carrier specific ROM, perhaps there is some "lock" as Tom suggested.

Mine is an unlocked, non-carrier-branded version, so I've been able to do pretty much as I wish as far as apps and tweaks go. I'm not sure if the carrier-branded versions have limitations or not. The only off-the-wall thing I can think of otherwise is if the software you're attempting to install isn't compatible with the device, OS version or hardware, so it simply doesn't run. Do you get any response when you attempt to install?

I'll be curious to see what others might suggest - Best of luck with it!

Joe

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

.cab help!!!

Maybe something in this thread can help: http://forum.rabroad.com/general-win...ws-errors.html

For Evernote, download this cab and see if it works. It's the one I'm using on my TP2: Evernote for Windows Mobile

.cab help!!!

I'd forgotten about that thread, Jig - Thanks! Per post #10 in that thread, it does sound as though there might be some security block imposed somehow.

Weird...

.cab help!!!

man oh man. thanks so much for the responses. i gathered what i could from them, and downloaded the security configuration manager.

configuration type is: one tier prompt
    went to security off, tried to provision, but it wouldnt let me. hm. still cant install any .cabs, not the one from that link either, thanks though. it is an att. when i tap a .cab it looks like it is going to do something for a milisecond, then reverts and does nothing.certainly appears that SOMETHING is stopping it. wouldnt even let me install the bing app. i did get google maps, cant quite remember how, maybe it was through the marketplace. a security thing could def be the issue, but this is my first smartphone and winmo 6.5, im a newborn when it comes to the specifics. gahh. hmm... not sure what to try next.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information