Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Palm OS: Final R.I.P. (Essentially)

The PDA32 is still being tested. All options that they have stated will be available at some time in the future. Because they are a small specialty company the priority will be for the manufactures who request only the options they need. Tamspalm posted some info Aceeca PDA32 – final pricing, USB drivers TamsPalm - the Palm OS / web OS Blog

Palm OS: Final R.I.P. (Essentially)

It's been probably two months since my little brother got a new laptop (Lenovo G560, Pentium dual-core) and he's had so many problems with iTunes he gave up trying to sync it. Every time he hooked it in, it wanted to erase it. He finally fixed that, but it breaks every time iTunes updates, and iTunes eats his album art.
    My dad updated his iPhone 3GS with iTunes (it took about half an hour on an Athlon XP 2600), and it lost most of his settings. He had everything categorized into folders, but it dumps everything out of the folders and deletes the folders whenever he syncs. It also has the habit of being clueless as to what apps are whose, so it synced a bunch of my little brother's stuff to my dad's iPhone, which though some complicated turn of events triggered some security feature in my little brother's account we had to call Apple had get a rep to fix, as the nearest Apple store is almost 200 miles from here.
    My mom hasn't even tried syncing hers.

AT&T's also so pathetic as far as data service goes that $15/mo is way too high. It's slow enough (when it connects, that is) you'd be hard-pressed to even use 200MB.

Meanwhile, my dad and I are the only ones who've had problems with our PC's, and his was caused by the 20-pin power being loose (the system was 6 years old, has a thick blanket of dust on the inside, and has a loud power supply with a slightly unbalanced fan that vibrates the case and everything in it) and mine was caused by a faulty stick of Crucial RAM that failed twice and flakes out under stress even if it's underclocked (DDR2 667 vs 800). If I take the front panel off my case and touch the RAM sticks (PC off, of course), the two G Skill sticks and the Kingston stick are fairly cool, being about 6" from a 12cm fan, but the Crucial stick is typically too hot to touch. Frustratingly, most of the reviews and reports of failure were posted after I already bought it. We seem to have the opposite problem r0k does: Microsquish works and Apple doesn't.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information