Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How do I get images ONTO my T3?

The T3 big cards app allows the T3 to read and write on a 2gig card. It will also do the same for some 4gig cards. It is a little complicated, so you may want to read the postings at 1src forums where they discuss how to install it.1src Forums - T|T3 can now read/write 2 and 4GB SD cards

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have several 4GB SD (not SDHC) cards; but I think someone once said that didn't work for the T3. Again, I'm just going off recall. If someone is really interested, try to search the forums or take a chance.

In the post at 1src forums there was some success. Only certain 4gig sd only cards worked and they had to have the correct fat 32 driver. For it to even work several things need to be done in a specific way. It is complicated. Only a few people accomplished having it work with a 4gig card. The driver needs to be added to a memory card and copied into ram. This was a problem and some people did it with resco explorer and some did it with one of the palm powerups programs called UDMH. Either program can be used in trial mode and erased when the driver is up and running. If someone is really serious about making this free software work on there t3 than they should read the 1src forum postings for the t3 big cards and research the proper way to install it and the same for the fat 32 driver that was patched for this purpose. As with anything you should read the directions to decide weather it is something you really want or need. 2gig is still much better than 1gig and it is free software. I remember all the posts on the 4gig cards for the TX before Dimitry wrote the sdhc driver. That was a real pain in my opinion.

Actually, it wasn't such a pain with the TX. It either worked or it didn't. Here on BH we were able to identify a particular make and model of Transcent 4gb SD card that almost always worked. You had to be careful because there were other Transcend 4Gb cards that didn't. However, it required nothing special-- no fat 32 driver needed, the TX already had it, I believe. My Transcend card worked wonderfully until I finally got PowerSDHC so I could use a 16Gb card.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information