Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

A few software reviews...

just read this whole thread>>good job!!

here are some cribbage tips;
    The game uses the standard 52-card pack. The cards in each suit rank from the king (the highest) down to the ace (the lowest). In counting or numerical value, the king, queen, jack, and 10 each count for 10 (and so are called tenth cards), the ace counts as one, and the other cards count as their face value.
    The game operates on the principle of matching combinations of cards: pairs, three or more of a kind, flushes, runs (sequences), and groups of cards that add up to 15. Players score points for matching both during and after play (after play, points are totaled for combinations in hand). The first person to score 121 points is the winner. If a player wins by more than 30 points (a skunk), it counts as winning two games. If a player wins by more than 60 points (a double skunk), it counts as winning three games.
    Cribbage Tips:
    Don't start a play with a 5 or a 10-value card, because if you do, you give your opponent the opportunity to score 2 points by playing to 15.
    Try to lead your opponent during play. For example, if you start with a 7, your opponent could play an 8 for 15 and score 2 points. By leading, you can play a 9 to score 3 points for a Run.
    In a play, leading from a Pair is a good strategy. For example, if you have a Pair, you can lead by playing one of the cards of that Pair. If your opponent plays a matching card, you can play your other Pair for Three of a Kind and score 6 points.
    Place valuable cards in your crib such as a Pair or two cards of a Run. When it's your opponent's crib, discard carefully. Avoid giving your opponent any cards that can add up to 15 easily, such as a 5 or 10-value cards.
    Try to discard varying cards in different suits to your opponent's crib. This strategy can deprive your opponent of Runs and of the opportunity of adding up to 15. For example, if your opponent's crib has a 9 and 7, don't throw out an 8 into their crib. This would give them a score of 5 points: 3 points for a run and 2 points for 15.
    Towards the end of the game, keep low cards in your hand so you'll have more opportunities to score Go points.

In-Hand Point Values

Total of 15 2
    Pair 2
    Three of a kind (pair royal) 6
    Four of a kind (double pair royal) 12
    Run of three or more 1 per card
    Flush (four cards) 4
    Flush (five cards) 5
    Jack in starter suit ("his nobs") 1
    Double run of three 8
    Double run of four 10
    Triple run 15
    Quadruple run 16

Notes:

A four-card flush cannot contain the starter.
    A run is a sequence of at least three cards, such as 4-5-6.
    A double run of three is one duplicated card in a run of three: 4-5-6-6.
    A double run of four is one duplicated card in a run of four: 4-5-6-6-7.
    A triple run is one triplicated card in a run of three: 6-7-8-8-8.
    A quadruple run is two duplicate cards in a run of three: 6-7-7-8-8.
    In Cribbage, all of the big point scorers like double runs are derived from basic pair and run scoring. For example, a double-run is worth 8 points because it is a pair (2 points), plus two unique runs of three (3 points each). "Double run" is just shorthand for a pair and two runs of three.

Wow, now if that tutorial were included in the game, or a readme, I'd be having much better luck with that game! Many thanks for the game strategy!

Picsel is driving me nuts. I like their product, but to be honest, their web page, and registration scheme, as well as their purge of the support forum of all posts.. is about enough to drive me over the edge...

I can't believe it's taken them this long to release the demo. This was announced, and for sale back in January? One person running this lil get-up? Come on...

And here's the final kicker. A windows only exe file. Sorry Mac, Linux, etc.. you're not good enough to even try this software.

You can find the software and webpage here: www.picselpowered.com

*grumble*

However, should you be willing to tollerate an .exe file, and site registration, feel free to download and try the demo. Remember, there is a 50% discount, putting the price tag at $14.99US.

Thanks for the update! I love rabroad!

From their FAQs...

Can I install Picsel Application from a non-Windows PC?

Yes you can. When you purchase a Picsel product, you will be given a zip file which contain 2 types of installers 1) Windows installer (.exe) and 2) Non-Windows installer (.prc). You need to use the non-windows installer file (.prc) to install the application to your device. The step-by-step instructions are given in the user manual. (http://www.picselpowered.com/support_manuals.php). However, if you found difficulty to access the .prc file, do contact our customer support team to assist you in getting the .prc file. Please provide your purchasing details to the customer support team when requesting for the .prc file.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh bother... Make me look up and down their website.. well.. thanks for setting me straight Nine.. Might be a bit more useful if they placed this somewhere convenient... but that would make too much sense.. "Hey, if I want to download, I should look in the FAQ, insted of the download page". Guess that's not what I would think.. but maybe I'm just different than the rest of the world.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Running ...

mySkin, FontSmoother and Hafas Palm have all been recently updated, too.

Stressed

The game that allows you to destroy your Palm at the flick of a stylus - the developers of this game said that and i agree it is quite funny. Check it out

Hah, this is much like the windows version I saw about a year or so ago. Funny stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Well Streaky, you know what to do. Give them a proper writeup. We'll be waiting patiently for them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information