Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

A few software reviews...

Oh no - I think the same, but was curious. And no matter how good a piece of software is, I'd sooner not join a website community in order to be allowed to have it. Don't like being tracked, me.

Bugger - forgot where I was. I'll do it tomorrow.

The scan is reporting a whole heap of "Repeat end date < start date rec=0 date =XX/XX/XX descript=" so I must have problems after all!

Thanks nerdeff.

*hc patiently waits, slurping on a soda* This should be good. *hc checks his watch* Should be coming soon.

Same thing happened to me. Now I'm running around with zero erros, as I usually check it every few weeks.

Yup - I had something in the region of 200 errors out of 1,800 records. Just goes to show ...

Give them a rap on the knuckles, and see the changes. They've removed the .exe installer, and now have a .zip file. I realize this isn't native to Macs or Linux, but you can open them. You still need to sign up to download the freebie.. I didn't press that.. but I've now got the .prc file in my hands, no installer.

As a side note to the registration: They don't verify your credentials, nor do they do email verification. You could register with all bogus info, as well as a bogus email. Oh shoot, now you know I did that... oops.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The TX version of ProViewer works on the Tapwave Zodiac. That said, the user interface is still Picsel-weird and there isn't any way to scroll within a document list except by toggling down the list, one file at a time, with the joystick. Without all the extra languages, it's still something like 1.2MB big, though it could replace a few stand-alone viewers at once. And if you "rotate screen," it rotates the wrong way for a Zodiac-- the joystick ends up at the top--and there's no way to make it rotate the other way.

I'll use it for the 14-day trial and see if I "get used to it" enough to buy it.

I deleted Picsel ProViewer about 5 days into the trial, having used it for about 2 or 3 days.

Besides the "issues" I listed above, it didn't display .pdf files as well as PalmPDF (the nice picture of my camera on the cover page of the manual was a blank square in ProViewer, but it was a nice picture of my camera with PalmPDF, for one thing), it doesn't open photos (.jpg or .bmp) nearly as quickly as AcidImage Basic or VFSi, and I already have Docs to Go (from my Tungsten E), CardTXT, SiEd, and txtMemo for Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, and text files.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't know if anyone else notice that Watchmaker had an update on July 6th, which happens to include:

I really like the Day & Night Skin; it features times in major cities worldwide at a glance. :newpalm:

Due to a topic in another thread, I responded but got a tad long winded for that thread... it was suggested that I copy paste over to here... soooo here goes... it is a comparison of 2 clock programs and a conflict one had with the NVBackup software..

Not wanting to go off thread, but Dockware is a prog that displays a pic and date and running time and starts auto when you put it in a dock/cradle. It becomes a desk clock.. you can add your own pics .. the clock size is adjustabe as well as analog or digi, and the date can be long date and placed top middle or bottom of screen. You can even set it to do a slide show as it shows you the time. Yes you can use a 320x480 image and fill the screen.. only limiting factor seems to be the file size. It keeps the TX active... The backup software seems to knock it for a loop and it auto shuts down based on the time preference that has been set in the TX software. It is VERY much like SplashClock.. which I did not have installed at the time to see if it had a conflict. I hope this side by side of the 2 programs helps see what they are. ( Dockware has a free version that the restrictons are no big deal.. can not adjust time on slide show, etc.. nothing major.. to make it NOT do a slide show in the freeware version, only load one image using the dockware loader. Dockware requires the power setting in TX pref be set to have the " On while charging" set to off....
    Dockware

SplashClock

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information