Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

What does your launcher look like?

omg i need to take a screenshot of mine, its b e a uuuu T ful

My launcher.... eh it's my iPhone.

Looks very nice. :newpalm:

From the ZLauncher Manual:

Setting Background

* Converting Background Image: ZLauncher can directly convert BMP/PGP/JPG files into background image databases. There's 3 ways for converting your own background image files:
    o Drag a supported picture file to the Create BackImage/ShortCut button of the Card Tools Panel , then it will be converted into a background image, and set as the current background image automatically.
    o Tap on the supported picture file for one second, then select Back Image from the popup menu. Then it will be converted into a background image, and set as the current background image automatically.
    o Go to the Theme Manager, then open the BackImage, select a picture file, then tap the Select button from the pop up Operating Dialog. When you tap the OK button to exit the Theme Manager, the selected picture file be converted into a background image, and set as the current background image automatically.
    Note:
    o The JPG support requires Sony JpegUtil Library or JpegLib.
    + Sony JpegUtil Library is a built-in library on some Sony Clie handhelds(NR series and Clie T650C/T665C/T675C and all Clie OS5 models). However, if you install the Sony JpegUtil Library(JEPG_Library.prc and JPEG_Util_Library.prc) to your handheld, the JPG support maybe work on the handheld(except for other OS5 handhelds than the Clie ones). You can find the Sony JpegUtil Library in the ROM of the above listed handheld models. NOTE: WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR USING THE Sony JpegUtil Library, YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    + JpegLib for Palm is a PalmOS port of the Independent JPEG Group JpegLib, which is ported by Yves Piguet.
    JpegLib for Palm can be used on all handheld models. You can visit http://www.nyctergatis.com/jpeglib/index.html for the latest news of JpegLib for Palm.
    + Sony JpegUtil Library is much faster than JpegLib, so if Sony JpegUtil Library is available on your handheld, you don't need to install JpegLib.
    + Sony JpegUtil Library dose not support progressive Jpeg files. If you want to convert progressive Jpeg files, you need to install JpegLib.
    o If the background image database is converted in the Theme Manager, it will be marked as a temporary background image. Once you change to other background image, temporary background image will be deleted from RAM automatically. If you want to use it on other handhelds, you need to first copy it from RAM to the expansion card via ZLauncher, so that ZLauncher can mark it as a normal background image so that it won't be deleted on other handhelds.
    o If you want to get the best quality of the converted back image, you should change the display color to the proper depth before converting the image. For example, if the picture file is 16-bit color depth, you should change the display mode to 64K colors mode before the conversion.
    o If the current display color depth is less than the color depth of the background image, it will not be available. For example, if the color depth of the background image is 16-bit, and the current display color depth is 8-bit(256 colors), then the background image will not be displayed.
    o Modifying the picture files on desktop computer before the conversion is recommended.
    o If there is no expansion card available for your handheld, you can convert the picture file in PalmOS Emulator which can do the job, then export the converted background image database from the PalmOS Emulator, and synchronize it to your handheld.
    o ZLauncher supports all color depths of supported picture files. No exact dimension limitation for the picture files. If the background image is smaller than the screen, ZLauncher will tile the background image to full fill the screen.
    o To import BMP/JPG files to the expansion card, you can use some 3rd-party software such as SyncWizard, Card Export, PalmDisk. If you are using a Sony Clie, you also can use MS Import/Data Import. You also can import picture with Quick Install Tool which is bundled with PalmDesktop 4.1. Importing the picture files to the /Palm/Programs/ZLauncher/BackImage/ directory is recommended, so that the Theme Manager can recognize them.
    o If you don't have an expansion card on your handheld, you can try PalmRAMDisk to create a virtual expansion card, then import picture files onto the virtual expansion card and then convert the pictures into background image databases.
    o You may also try ZLauncher Background Converter by Robert Eaton, to easily create ZLauncher background image on MS Windows.
    * Setting Current Background Image: You can change the background image with the installed images. Go to the Theme Manager, then open the BackImage page, select one of the list background image, then tap the OK button.

I'm the only one who uses "my own" Launcher... oh to be unique

1 button pro, but when I was on my Visor Neo, 1 Button Launcher.

Former can launch up to 36 apps (9 per PIM button), or only 9 apps per single button. Both support SD card support and background images, but it creates shortcuts to those games on SD card that also appear in the Palm Launcher. Backgournd images take around 200KB per screen, and I'm short on memory for a Zire71, so i dont' have that option. I actually like the cleaner, blank background in the end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good point and shows you're thinking more clearly than me today

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A weather plugin for zlauncher would be awesome!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know there is www.launcherxplanet.com for launcher X fans, are there any great theme sites for Z launcher?

And for those who can't wait..here's the pack of both Mac Os DIA....
    I guess there's something work to do...but i'm not really that good in this kind of things...anyway...enjoy them...
    ;-)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information