Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Accidentally re-winded too much of the film into the cartridge. HELP!!?

This is my first time loading film into my Nikon analog camera. While I was loading the film, I had winded out too much film so as I was trying to re-wind it back, I accidentally re-winded it completely and now the entire thing is inside the cartridge. I have no idea what to do, someone PLEASE HELP!!! I really don't want to lose an entire cartridge of film just for one silly mistake due to a bit too much excitement.

* Please excuse my beginner's terminology. As I mentioned above, I'm new to analog photography.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It happens. Stop by your local camera shop (not an electronics store) with that roll of film, give them your best smile and say "could you pull the film leader out for me, PLEASE?" (don't forget to say Thank you).

Then, buy a "leader puller" like http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=film+retriever&N=0&InitialSearch=yes and a roll of film from them as gratitude. Maybe they will show you how to use it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    35 mm film is used thus.

You load the film and advance it to frame 1.
    Shoot the whole roll of film.
    Rewind the film all the way back into the film cassette

So you can see there is no such thing as rewinding your film too far back into the cassette.

In the future, if you advance the film past the first frame, don't worry about it. Just use the rest of the film.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Ace" Did you actually read the words in the question???

The easiest way to get the leader back out of the cartridge is to take it to a lab and ask them to do it.

There is a little tool called a "leader retriever" (like this http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/eng/product/calumet_film_leader_retriever/kt0270) which if you have a decent camera/photographic supply shop in your area you could get.

just be careful in the future.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It happens. Stop by your local camera shop (not an electronics store) with that roll of film, give them your best smile and say "could you pull the film leader out for me, PLEASE?" (don't forget to say Thank you).

Then, buy a "leader puller" like http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=film+retriever&N=0&InitialSearch=yes and a roll of film from them as gratitude. Maybe they will show you how to use it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    35 mm film is used thus.

You load the film and advance it to frame 1.
    Shoot the whole roll of film.
    Rewind the film all the way back into the film cassette

So you can see there is no such thing as rewinding your film too far back into the cassette.

In the future, if you advance the film past the first frame, don't worry about it. Just use the rest of the film.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information