Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

"SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem" -

Alright. I've had this error in the notification bar for a few weeks.
    I know for a fact that the SD card isn't blank (as I have tried different SD cards filled with content). When I click the notification about it, it asks if I want to format it. Then nothing happens. Same thing happens if I go to the SD card settings and try to format from there.

I tried:

* Rebooting
    * Taking out sd card --> rebooting --> putting card back in --> rebooting
    * Connecting to computer --> mounting --> rebooting

That last thing I tried worked once for about 10 minutes. Then the error came back.

Any hints or tips for fixing this error? Thanks again!

Yup

Do a Google search for "SD Card Formatter" and choose the link that takes you to the SD Card association. There you can download a small Windows app that will reformat any working SD back to its industry-standard format. After that you can pop the SD card back into your Android handset and format it as you like.

I tried running the SD Card Formatter and I got this error: "The Memory card is write protected. Please release the write protect switch"

How can I go about doing this?

On the side of the SD card (I assume you're using the full-sized carrier if you're getting this message) you need to slide the small plastic switch forward toward the pointy end of the card.

Yeah, tried that and it didn't work.
    Anything else I could try?

Have you another SD adapter you can try? If you're anything like me you'll have a box full of the damned things

If the Micro-SD still will not format in another SD adpater then it is likely that it has gone terminal, to that great SD reader in the sky

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried factory reseting your phone?

You could also format the card while in the phone:

settings -> SD card & phone storage -> unmount SD card -> Format SD card

If you still have that notification may I recommend getting your handset replaced

Greetings. I had the same problem. This occurred after an app crashed (outdated demo of a music player) while trying to retrieve music from my SD (as has been reported in other forums). I turned the phone off, removed the card, placed it in a card reader, accessed the content (using OSX on a Macbook), deleted the music folder, and emptied trash. I then created a new music folder and left it empty for now. Replaced the SD into the phone, powered up, and voil?! No more message and I am able to access content. I hopes this works for you. Ciao.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information