Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

6410 sync error code

I posted a couple days ago when I had just bought a new Toshiba Satellite to replace 2 year old Satelite Pro, and could not get my T3 to talk to the new machine. I've gone through problems getting new devices talking to one another, but its been almost a week now and I've gotten virtually nowhere. All applications have problems, not just Palm/Outlook. Splash communicates in bits and pieces as does Outlook. I assume if they talk a little bit, that generally tells me settings are right? The common theme seems to be error code 6410 and sometimes 4001. It looks to me like its a problem with getting the information through the USB ports, but they check out as functioning fine and seem to work fine with other hardware devices. I've tried all the fixes on Palmone's website relating to 6410 errors, but none have worked. I'm also struggling to make Versamail stop trying to sync, which may not be an issue as its just an application that happens to be trying to exchange info through what I believe is the USB trouble tunnel. Any and all thoughts are welcome.

6410 sync error code

Take a look at http://www.p964.com/docs/usb_cradle/usb.html . The 6410 problem this user was having was with Win98SE but I suspect the same solution might work for you. By using the WinXp Palm default USB drive, you don't get speed mismatches which I think are the basis of all 6410 errors. At any rate, it's worth a try.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information