Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

320x320 vs 160x160 same effective resolution...

I am wondering if the 320x320 display of the Tungsten T provides more effective usable screen space than the Zire 21's 160x160 display, primarily in the datebook menu. From what I can see from screenshots(without the units themselves directly in front of me), fonts are more readable with the 320x320 display, but the quadruple area doesn't increase the useable screen space that you can see on the screen. Is this true?!

My Zire 21 in the datebook has 11 horizontal lines of text display- in comparison, how many lines of text display are visible in the Tungsten T?, and can fonts be made smaller in the Tungsten T to increase the effective screen area?

Thanks a lot. If the wise need a paypal payment to speak up, just shoot me an email, [email protected]. Thanks,
    David

Yes. The fonts of Tungsten T can be resized to become smaller. It actually depends on what programs you use. The zlauncher can, so can agendus and docs to go.

And I'm afraid you got us wrong. This forum is set up by peopl who wants to help out of good will. Nothing monetary is needed. Im sure I speak for all that contributes.

I have been known though to accept beer as payment but it just doesn't taste the same through the net.

The T has 4 times as many pixels as the 160 X 160 display. The clarity of the images is vastly different and is most noticeable with pictures and their density.

If all you use the Zire for is strictly the builtin PIM functions....it's not a big difference. I carry pictures on my T5 and all previous models but never was happy with their clarity until the T came along (actually had a Sony T655 that was 320X320).

Thanks a lot. I'll stick with my cheapie zire 21 for now until I want to play mp3's. Its great, a million times better than the convoluted ipaq 2215 I had. graffiti is awesome, the whole layout for everything is soooo much simpler and well thought out and effective than pocket pc. For contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, and syncing my desktop with laptop, this thing is much better than any pocket pc. The pocket pc's current operating system/core programs are a hardcore pos in comparison. I could write for hours, but really, I'm blown away by my cheapie zire simply because of the much better palm operating system/core program layout.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information