Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

That's it...I'm ready for movies!!

POL,

Open the preferences in DropZip. Uncheck Encrypt Archives with Passphrase and that should do it.

I'm currently processing your video using iicRules' parameters using ffmpegx. I'll post later with the results.

ed-

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

About giving them the address of this thread, but I didn't want to blow anyone's anonymity in case they didn't want to have participated.

But that's an idea, how would you guys feel about petitioning Kinoma with the e-mail (those of us who agree)?

I don't want to be the only one whose membership gets "lost" when it comes time to download the latest version.

Martyr,
    POL9A

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a divx3 encoded sample of the video. The divx5 encoder for Mac is not free so I used the older codec. I would assume the quality would be better with divx5 but this is not bad. I followed iiicRules' parameters using ffmpegx and am actually pretty pleased with the results. Thanks iiicRules (iiic did rule its day). I fried my SD card with the T3 fiasco and never replaced it so I can't test the video on my Palm but I'll buy one soon to satisfy my curiosity.

ed-

Cool. So I tried your link (OldBlue) for kinoma.com, but I kept getting a connection failure message. I tried to type it directly into the URL and the same results.

But the good news is that earlier today I took your suggestions and downloaded the trial Kinoma Player and Producer. But without the Kinoma link to give me stuff, I've gone about downloading movie trailers (Two Towers. Oooohh!) and I just tried to convert it into Kinoma-format with the Kinoma Producer. Unfortunately, the trial only converts the first 15 seconds of anything. So now I'll try to HotSync it to the handheld and we'll see the results. Cross your fingers.

P.S. OldBlue, I love SplashPhoto. And I even have a folder called "Joy Division" dedicated to me and my girlfriend and my trusty, dusty digital camera.

It appears that ClieFLIX is going bye-bye. I got a lot of pre-formatted Kinoma video content from them (Samurai Jack!!) and I guess they're having some issues, soooo....

Now I need another source for my video/anime-on-Palm T|T cravings. Any suggestions?

Shaking and shivering and sweating, going through ClieFLIX detox,
    POL9A

I think I jumped into this whole kinoma player clie flix thing a week too late. Anyone know another place hosting kinoma format anything? I've seen all the movie trailers I could want, but havent found a reason to justify registering kinoma producer yet...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

P.S Just had to metion the stylus too. 4150 stylus-yuk! It feels horrible. So I use my T3s on the whole time on both pdas

Just want to say once again- I'm a Palm guy. I haven't gone over to the Dark Side, just had to check em out out so I could critisize them from experience in the future

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iiicrules: Like when your woman comes home and y'all have "that talk" and she's like, "No. I still love you. You're so beautiful. It's just that he's so this, and I need that now in my life and I'm not looking to replace you and I'm not even going to be with him. I need to be single for a time....Blah Blah Blah."

And the whole time you're like, "Yeah right. Just tell the truth. It's all about him now."

(I guess I've heard that more times than I thought. )

Anyways,...thank God I'm a Mac person. It's kept me from pulling the trigger on a PPC purchase (even though there is that Mark/Space "fix").

But, back on topic, Mazingo sounded so wonderful to me, but it only works on PC's.

And, no matter what guys say, I just cannot seem to get MMPlayer to work with my movies. Maybe I need to break down and BUY the Divx plug-in, but I don't think so. I'd rather have some sort of guarantee that there is a tried and true solution before I plunk down hard-earned cash.

Oh, Lord of the Apple, keep me safe from the PPC side. Help me to understand that PalmSource is NOT abandoning me with their future non-support of the Mac. Help me to realize that I have all the software that I NEED here.

Oh, I give up. It's a PC world. I'm just destined to be like the Mad Max minority in a world of Toe-Cutters.
    POL9A

Howdy.

I just HotSync'ed and the bit of "Two Towers" that I just converted was transferred straight to the SD card. I opened up "Kinoma" (with the trial version of Launcher X that I keep hearing rave reviews about and I'm really digging it. I'll probably register it. But anyways...) and saw my converted "Two Towers" file right there under the sample clip I got from Kinoma. The sample clip said "video" after it while the converted trailer had "a/v". I clicked on "Two Towers" and my screen just froze. Just a white screen. Getting no response from the Palm, I performed a soft reset and returned to Kinoma. I played the sample clip that I'd earlier downloaded. It played just wonderfully (albeit mighty puny. I was pretty sure that I'd downloaded the hi-res version, but I'll try again if the website ever opens up.) Soooo...

Anyway, another question I have is that when I open Kinoma Producer there are, like, a thousand choices for Sony's, a few for Palm's, some Handspring's some others, but no "Palm Tungsten T" option.

Is Kinoma really the answer, guys? I must be missing something, right?

POL9A

Start by choosing Palm Tungsten T in the device list dropdown on the upper right of the Kinoma Producer app. If you don't have the TT listed, then you don't have the current version of the producer (or the player for that matter, which may explain your white screen lockup).

The current version on their website is v1.5 which fixes a lockup problem on the TT in the player, and adds more features in the producer btw.

Now, in the producer, press the advanced settings button that's under the device list dropdown. In the dialog that's displayed, you can adjust the bitrate all the way up to 1000kbps and the framerate to the maximum 30. Go ahead and do that now.

Now try converting your Two Towers trailer (or Nemisis, which I like better due to its not-as-widescreen-as-the-two-towers format (which makes it bigger on the TT).

Use your favorite SD loader app to move the resulting 13.7 meg Nemesis or 20.8 meg Two Towers file to your TT (I use Card Export)

Now commence to impressing the hell out of all your friends!

Yowsa!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information