Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: .exe to Palm 5.

.exe to Palm 5.

Is there a way to use/convert .exe files/programs on my Palm TX with 5.0?

Tim

.exe to Palm 5.

EXE files are not typically accessible on a Palm device - now if your downloading a self extracting file (unzip) to run on your palm try installing it to the card but I'm not certain that will work either.

Also, what you are asking for is not typically done on a Palm due to virus concerns just like on a PC so nope is pretty much the answer.

If you could provide a specific - then perhaps I'd be better able to answer.

.exe to Palm 5.

Well I'm a tool maker and I have some programs on my work computer mostly calculators and converters. I went with the Palm because I'm moving around the shop alot and it makes it much easier. When I try to put the programs in Doc To Go it comes up as not supported and as an .exe.

Tim

.exe to Palm 5.

EXEs were compiled to run with the Windows operating system and (typically) an Intel processor; neither of which are compatible with a Palm device. You can only install programs specifically designed for a Palm. In fact, because the Palm operating system and processor have evolved over the years, there are many programs written for older Palms that will no longer execute properly in newer Palms (and vice versa). You'll find this is also true of Pocket PCs even though they have a Windows-like operating system.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

.exe to Palm 5.

As DublinDoodah stated - this won't work for various reasons. Computer code is based upon certain OS development and what works on a PC won't necessarily work on a Palm - in fact most of the time it won't.

You may be able to find programs that will do the calculations that you want but they will specifically be written for the Palm.

You can search Handango or PalmGear for calculator programs.

If you want to carry around a PC in your work environment then you might want to look at a Tablet PC - but then again some programs that work on a PC won't work on a Tablet PC because of incompatibilities as well.

I think you'll be able to find some engineering calculator programs that will do what you want though on the Palm.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information