Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music on my TX?

Music on my TX?

SD is acronym for "Secure Digital".

From wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card)

Secure Digital (SD) is a flash (non-volatile) memory card format developed by Matsushita, SanDisk and Toshiba for use in portable devices, including digital cameras, handheld computers, PDAs and GPS units. As of 2006, SD card capacities include 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, and 512 MB, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 GB (4-32 GB: SDHC)

Music on my TX?

ok, thank you, I think that's what my card is then.........

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Music on my TX?

Ok, so I got a card reader thingee today. I was able to put the MP3 files onto the card, but still am unable to access them or view them when the card is in my PDA.........can anyone help??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Music on my TX?

Can anyone help me with this????

Music on my TX?

Hi,

I thought the problem had been solved.

Anyway, if you correctly created a folder named Audio on the memory card, and put your music to that folder and nowhere else, then there should not be any reason why the player on your TX is not able to show or play the content.

Unless the music format is not supported by the player. I trust your files are mp3 ?

Music on my TX?

yes, my files are MP3
    I put the files on the card, but not in a folder.......how do I create a folder??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Music on my TX?

From what you've written the files are there but not in the correct folder.

Here's a way how to create the folder - http://nordin.kembali.net/mypalm/create_folder

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Music on my TX?

Ok, I did that & put the files into the new "audio" folder, but when I look inside the folder it says there are "shortcuts" to those files.........does that matter?

The files still don't show up anywhere when the card is in my pda & I still can't figure out how to play them in the pocket tunes......they don't show up there either..........

Music on my TX?

Yes, it does matter.

Shortcuts are not recognizable by the pda's audio player.

You need to make sure you copy or move the actual files and not the shortcuts to the Audio folder on the SD card.

On a windows PC, you select the files on the source folder, click Edit / Copy, then go the target forder & click Edit / Paste. Make sure it's Edit / Paste and not Edit / Paste Shortcut.

The shortcuts are only 1 kB in size each, whereas a normal mp3 file would be in the region 3-5 MB size.

Here's a screenshot of how an SD card Audio folder looks like, with the no-good shortcuts files as well as the actual mp3 files.

http://nordin.kembali.net/mypalm/cre...copyfile_a.gif

Music on my TX?

Ok, I copied & pasted the MP3 files into the "audio" folder on the SD card & they still do not show up in my pocket tunes..........now what is wrong???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information