Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finding hard to breath in and sharp pain in lower back?

Hi my panter is finding it realy hard to breath in and has a very sharp pain in lower back when he dose breath in.he is getting pain in his left arm to? He is 25,and he has been to a&e which thy said inflamed mussel in between is lungs and ribs.I think this is wrong can any 1 help?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm quite late in replying to your question.

But,your partner? I'm assuming after he went to see his doctor,and was told his muscles between his rib cage were inflamed? I disagree.I am clearly not a doctor,and it's unlike anyone to disagree with an M.D. But,I am!

I personally believe your partner 'may',which I am almost 90% sure he has a condition known as Costochondritis,which is somewhat similar to what his doctor diagnosed him with having.
    But,different in a way.....opposite diagnoses actually.

With Costochondritis the persons cartilage,which is located between the rib cage becomes inflamed. Thus causing the intense pain,and inflammation.
    The symptoms of Costochondritis are increased pain upon deep inhalation(taking a deep breath),increased pain with certain movements,pain radiates to other areas(upper/lower back,neck,shoulders,arms,etc.),increased pain when laying flat,etc.There are other symptoms associated with Costochondritis that I didn't list.

There is no muscle between the ribs.....only cartilage! Fact! So,that is why I seriosuly think your partner 'may' have this medical condition....Costochondritis.
    I suggest you and your partner go back to the same doctor,and ask about this medical condition,and ask if this may apply to your partner.But,do keep in mind.May doctors don't like to be proven wrong.My opinion anyways.There really is no treatment for this medical condition other than anti inflammatory pain medications,and alternating cool/warm moist compresses.Many times corticosteroids help with the inflammation which in turn helps rid the pain.But,when it comes to steroids? There always runs a risks,such as stomach issues,and so forth.This usually applies with long term usage of steroids though,so speak with his/her doctor in reference to steroid treatment.

Hope this helps.
    Take care.

Pains in the back are usually pinched muscles there. When breathing it causes extra pressure on the spine to make the pains worse in the back. To get rid of the pain he has to free up his back muscles and here's how to free them up:
    Back:
    (do from a sitting position)
    Place your left hand on your left leg next to your body. Place your right hand over your left shoulder, fingers over the back and the palm in the front and firmly pull down on them and hold. After 30 seconds slowly lower your body forward and to the outside of your left leg, keeping your left arm fairly straight as you do. When you reach your lap remain there for another 10 seconds, release the pressure but rest there for another 30 seconds. Then reverse your hand positions and do your right side.
    For best results relax the body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information