Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

4Kids Talkback: The Crossroads of Destiny - The 4Kids Discussion V10

Haha...it always makes my day when you show up to post here, 4Kids guy. To think, these whole 4Kids discussions started with you about four years ago now. And here we are almost 9,000 posts later. I'll have to go back sometime and browse through the threads...I imagine it'd be pretty nostalgic.

Even worse, that's the culmination of the Yu-Gi-Oh! 500th.

Well, I guess you got to give them credit for staying cool. Even though the fate of the company is on the line, they're not letting the lawsuit affect their scheduling or other day-to-day actions (dubbing 5D's, adding more shows to Toonzaki). Almost makes you feel like 4Kids isn't worried at all.

Although, I'm sure the business heads at 4Kids are anything but calm at this point.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've heard about this series and I believe it was mentioned in the last 4Kids thread. Interestingly enough, it's a collaboration between Akira Ito, the creator of the Yu-Gi-Oh! R manga, and Satoshi Nakamura, the original technical advisor for Duel Masters, which would explain why the designs for the human and monsters on that website give off a Yu-Gi-Oh! meets Duel Masters vibe. I think that 4Kids has a pretty good chance of picking it up since it's right up their alley with focusing on cards and monsters. It might not be a sure thing like I think Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal is, given how Yu-Gi-Oh! is pretty much the only successful animated property they have that still turns out new material, and they didn't acquire that Mix Master series, but I think that there's still a pretty good chance that they could pick it up.

One question. When does battle spirits start?

Well, one thing to set it apart from other shows like this is how they use logic. I remember in one episode (this is a minor spoiler and doesn't give away any major plot detail)

[SPOILER]the gang climbed a mountain and they warned Tony not to climb too high or he'd pass out due to lack of air... and he did.[/SPOILER]

Yet I remember a similar scene in Pok?mon where characters climbed a snowy mountain and were fine... no air loss, no frostbite, no nothing (and Misty in short shorts). That's what makes Magi-Nation stand out among other shows like that.

CW (Toonzai) 0.6/3 Avg. (7a-12p)
    Magi-Nation 0.2/2; Magi-Nation 0.5/4; Sonic X 0.8/5; Sonic X 0.8/4; Yu-Gi-Oh 0.5/2; Sonic X 0.6/3; Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.7/3; Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.8/4; Yu-Gi-Oh 0.7/3; Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds 0.4/2
    ABC
    0.6/3
    Avg. (9a-12p)
    The Emperor's New School 0.4/2; The Replacements 0.6/3; That's So Raven 0.5/2; That's So Raven 0.8/3; Hannah Montana 0.7/3; Suite Life of Zack & Cody 0.5/2
    NBC (Qubo on NBC)
    Avg. 0.2/1
    (10a-1p)
    Turbo Dogs 0.2/1; Shelldon 0.2/1; Magic School Bus 0.2/1; Babar 0.2/1; Willa's Wild Life 0.1/0; Pearlie 0.2/1
    CBS (CookieJarTV)
    0.3/2
    Avg. (7-10a/10a-12p)
    Busytown Mysteries 0.3/3; Busytown Mysteries 0.3/2; Doodlebops Rockin Road Show 0.1/1; Horseland 0.4/2; Horseland 0.4/2; Trollz 0.3/1

They don;t have Battle Spirits. Their new series is called Tai Chi Chasers. Not quite sure when it;s airing but they mentioned that they had started dubbing it quite a while back, so it should be ready by now...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, that's just stupid of my affiliate to do that. Just so you know, this is NOT the first time my CW affiliate has done such stuff. They pre-empted the original airing of Turtles Forever, along with the episode of Kamen rider that followed it, and this past November when they pre-empted The November 20th episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. I even asked The CW itself to have KCWI not pre-empt any portion of Toonzai again, but never heard back from them.

Can't say I'm worried or sad but, very surprised, his talk things like saying children don't read and decisions have pretty much ruined the company, I truly now want 4kids to be able to get back on their feet, I hope that who ever comes to take over makes better decisions. But, this is such a shock.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information