Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

cartoons everyone liked but you hated.

Sorry but Teen Titans >>> Justice League. Hell, I'd disagree with you further and say that Samurai Jack was better than Justice League.

I forgot Inuyasha as well. It actually used to be really good for the first two seasons. But then it became all about horrible fillers, a plot which went nowhere, and characters who I lost interest in. :sad:

Sure, it's not the end-all be-all cartoon but honestly when compared to many other cheaply animated, poorly written cartoons these days, it well deserves the hype and popularity it gets.

I don't want to even argue with this one except that...I thought this was a thread about popular animated shows you dislike, not movies. :sweat:

Family Guy: At least old cartoons (i.e. Looney Tunes) that were mean-spirited: a. weren't overly so, and b. didn't try pathetically hard to be funny.

That's all I've got for now.

For the sake of argument, what "cheaply animated and poorly written" cartoons are you referring to?

Everyone liked Drawn Together? I was under the impression the majority hated that show.

I think a majority does. But it has it's defenders. Myself, I didn't truly begin to dislike the show until one if it's writers (remember Merrick Bill?) started posting here, completely disrespectful of everyone else's opinions of the show. Didn't he pretty much tell all haters to go to hell in so few words? Or am I imagining that?

Same. I'm not a fan of metal or gore, so it wasn't my kind of show in the first place. I just couldn't get into the characters and the humor style. I've seen some describe the show as being satirical, but I dunno, it doesn't seem that way to me.

There are a few other shows I have in mind in concern to the topic but I'm drawing a blank as usual. :sweat:

EDIT: Annnd there's Family Guy. I don't "hate" it; it has it's moments time to time. But it's just too shallow for my liking and I really don't care for the characters (most of them to me are unlikable) and the style of humor.

same here with drawn together. Which is pretty bad dince I like that gross out sick humor and I didn't find it funny.

I'm of the same mind. I dunno, something about it, I wasn't feeling it at all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The first post just says "cartoons". There's a reference to another thread about overrated movies, but I took that to mean the one that was at the entertainment board a while back.

One of the shows I just didn't get into is Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. It was decent for me at the start but as soon as got to the character Cheese, it turned me off since I figured "This guy is going to get popular somehow and he'll get more episodes" and I knew his first appearence wouldn't be his last.

And the jokes just weren't funny to me and Bloo was kind of irritating to me as well but I tolerated him but still.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information