Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Blog Talkback: Toons of the 2000s: Top 5 Animated Features

Radical Raven acted as editor on this topic. In it we list our favorite movies of the decade, leading up to our Top 5 and why they're on that list.

This is the official talkback for Toons of the 2000s: Top 5 Animated Features!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A overall great list of animated features who make this decade (minus to Wall-E i never want to rewatch it again) especially the luck to see indepedent films instead to the same Disney/Don Bluth films we endured since many years. (Here where i live, they don't give many respects to indepedent artists.)

Sita Sings the Blues is a logic choice for #1 rank. The animation is alive, the different art styles of this movie is purely magic and the fact that it's inspired by a real-life experience make the movie much real. Without forget the Hanneth Hanshaw's beautiful songs. Great article!

What would you have put in Wall-E's place?

WALL-E and Spirited Away are the only two movies that I have seen. I like WALL-E, but Spirited Away was just to darn freaky for me.

No offence, but i rather choosed Persepolis. But i know that Wall-E having a important impact when it shown in theaters last year.

But great list BTW Harley! I can't wait to see more!

The movies on this list almost appear to be the opinion of just one person. Where's 2007's TMNT, or 2008's Star Wars:The Clone Wars? I haven't even heard of about 40% of the movies on this list. This is exactly why awards like the oscars mean absolutely nothing to me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't seen almost any of the Top 5, but I can imagine that there a ton of great obscure movies. I do like the long list of honorable mentions though because there were a lot of great movies that deserved to at least be recognized. Personally, my favorite movies of the 2000's were Finding Nemo and Shrek. Overall, I may have shown a little more diversity than 4 anime movies but they all sound great so I'm sure that their selection was justified.

Six people, actually. If you haven't seen the movies on the list, consider that post our hearty recommendation for viewing them at least once.

Great article!

I can't comment much on the actual movies chosen - I've only seen 2 movies on the list (Wall-E and Spirited Away) but the opinions on all the movies were well-said and explained.

I espically liked the Surf's Up honorable mention - IMHO it was a horribly underrated gem of a movie. You'd think it'd get more attention since 2 Disney alums directed it - Ash Brannon of Pixar and Chris Buck of Disney proper. Oh well, it's one of my top 5 favorites if it's anything

Well these people see the movies that the average Joe might miss. Then we can search for that movie. I know I'm going to look for the movie that got the number one spot.

I have not heard of Sita Sings the Blues before and now I want to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information