Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

TMNT Talkback "Turtles Forever" (Spoilers)

I really liked it, personlly I don't really remember the 88's turtles, I more remember the live action 90's turtles, but it was cool to see them in modren day.
    What I liked must is the part where Shredder showed all the different versions of the turtles in the Multiverse, speaking of which does anybody know what those diffrenet versions of them were called, cause I must only knew about two or three of them.

I live in Japan. You figure it out.

It's something I've always noticed about this show, from watching it on American TV to watching it when the Japanese dub aired on TV-Tokyo to this movie.

And how can you *not* notice the extremely distracting way the background and animation would go all pixelated in just about every single scene? It's like those early seasons of Family Guy, when they used animation studios that didn't quite know what they were doing. TMNT 2k3 does a pretty lousy job of hiding its budgetary shortcomings.

We obviously disagree here.

I found the music to just be *there*. None of the tracks stood out to me, and none of them really aided the scenes they were placed against. And the fact that they couldn't go more than two seconds without having a piece of music playing is exactly the way 4Kids scores the dubs of the Japanese cartoons they bring over.

I actually don't *need* to do anything.

I really enjoyed Turtles Forever, and I don't think it made fun of the old toon that much, there were a few scenes featuring the ot turtles that I thought were a bit over the top, but for the most part 4Kids did a good job with them.

I wish we could have seen the two Baxter Stockmans interact.

The ending with Eastman and Laird (yes those were their real voices), was a nice touch.

Some were made up, like the "Red Sky Ninja Scroll" Turtles, and some were just the turtles drawn by different artist throughout the years, I believe I recognized Turtles drawn by Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Eric Talbot, Michael Zulli, Michael Dooney, Dan Berger, and Jim Lawson.

There were also the:

Anime Turtles:
    two versions
    Archie Comics Turtles: two pictures, one drawn by Ken Mitchroney and the other by Chris Allen.
    Toddler Turtles: from several 2k3 episodes
    "Same As It Never Was" Turtles: From 2k3 show episode
    Super Hero Turtles: From Mirage Comics and 2k3 episode "Reality Check"
    Dreamwave Turtles: From the brief Dreamwave comic adaption of the 2k3 show, drawn by LeSean Thomas
    Movie Turtles: Live Action Version
    Movie Turtles: CGI Version
    Paper Craft Turtles::lol:

Really? Where did you read that?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few years ago I made a topic about the Turtles multiverse on the technodrome forums, if you're interested here is the link.

Ok finally saw it all the way. Still didn't like the bashing and I also noticed they didn't fight as much 2K3's turtles which was a negative on my part but it was a fine send off. I recognized all those carnations from the universe "slideshow" except the ninja babies it brought a tear to my eye seeing all the turtles.:crying:

EDIT: Also liked Krang standing up to The Shredder for a minute had goosebumps until ya know. but I also wanted to see how the Movies incarnation would have reacted to their world's destruction.

You know what, I don't understand how anyone can not like TMNT III or The Next Mutation as the turtles NEVER act as silly as the 88 turtles do here.

Also this really makes me want to have a new season of TMNT 2k3 since we now have a 2k3 version of Tokka Rahzar and Hun as a Slash look-a-like. It'd be interesting if they'd ignore it or not. Not to mention the Shredder Wars would have been cool, oh well.

Well, the thing about 2K3 Shredder is that his arrogance overclouds logic. All the Shredders are arrogant. It's just 2K3's Shredder is more powerful (because unlike the others, he's of alien origin rather than human). They're not going back in time, just across dimensions. The one manipulating the dimensions is the one that feels he has the power, which he does.

Apparently, 2K3 Shredder began dissolving the dimensions while trying to find the Prime Source of everything, and by the time he got to that dimension, he began dissolving it slowly. It admittedly had more power than he could imagine, as it would be harder to get rid of it than it would the others.

Well, you got the talkback. Congrats, man!

Yes, he does become a nice guy--they all do--the Frank Miller narration stops by issue #2 as well. As a reflection of the Mirage turtles as a whole, the Turtles Forever versions fail spectacularly--if that had been what they were trying to do. The Mirage turtles were written to specifically resemble their issue #1 selves, not their comic book history as a whole. When considered in that light, they succeed spectacularly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information