Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mike Judge rumored to be working on 30 new episodes of 'Beavis & Butt-head'

I'm sorry, I just don't see this as a good idea. Bevis and Butthead were so ingrained in 90s MTV culture that I really can't see them working today.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm just glad to see Mike Judge is still in buisness! If this is true I''ll definitley tune in.

Yes, they are hugely defined by the 90's but the show would have no problem working today, there's still plenty of music videos they can mock and the characters themselves could work easily in the current generation since there's still plenty of idiot teenagers in the world.

I'm with Tash. B&B virtually ARE the 90s. I mean even just the act of watching music videos on TV is a huge anachronism! I don't think characters like this would be relateable to modern youth. I can't even imagine B&B knowing how to use a computer, much less YouTube, Twitter, etc.

I suppose it could work as purely nostalgia appeal, though. But in this case I'd want it to still take place in the 90s, or at least make it ambiguous and seem like Highland is caught in a time loop.

I really hope this is true the show was killed off to early in my opinion. I wonder what channel this show would be on MTV, Spike, or Comedy Central. I hoping anything but MTV.

I thought Mike Judge was through with animation though. Anyway, this is actually one of the few revivals I find I could easily welcome just fine. Also, as sad as this may sound, this is like the only thing that could make me pay attention to MTV again. Of course, that's provided MTV does accept this. If not, then MTV will just continue to stay dead to me.

Judge has talked about aging the characters making them adults, which sounds like it has a lot of potential IMO.

MTV would never turn this down, the original series helped put them on the map in the 90's as a destination for "edgy and subversive" new programming.

That said, I don't know if MTV would be the best fit for the series now, they haven't treated an animated series right since Daria, every animated show is barely promoted and shafted to late night time slots.

Speaking of Daria, B&B aren't going to be the same without Daria, since she left for her own show.

Adult Beavis and Butthead? Blech, I really don't like that idea. Part of their appeal is that they're just a couple of stupid, ignorant teenagers. Making them stupid, ignorant adults would just be awkward, IMO.

My biggest fear is that Mike Judge can't do Beavis' voice as sharply now when compared to back in the day.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information