Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Scooby DTV and why?

I have only seen a couple of the Scooby DTVs, but I'd definitely say Zombie Island is my favorite, as well. I love how the movie poked fun at some of the stereotypes from the show, such as Shaggy opening his closet to contemplate what to wear to dinner, and you see all he's got are a ton of green shirts, haha!

Any movie that has actual supernatural elements.

Scooby Doo On Zombie Island is definitely my favorite, and when I saw it is a kid it got me addicted to Scooby. I look back on it and love how dark and supernatural it is. I like it when the monsters are real!

*gears turn slowly*

You mean... what's his name... was Tim Curry? ...wow. Not sure how I missed THAT! No wonder I've always loved that character.

I'd put Zombie Island in first, Witch's Ghost in second... and I only watched Alien Invaders and Cyber Chase after that, neither of which I've really enjoyed. Zombie Island is just... it's like, that's how modern Scooby-Doo should be. Real mystery, scary and just a tad grotesque, but not to the point of being kid unfriendly. Well written characters, interesting plot, and the music isn't bad, either. Same goes for Witch's Ghost. From what I've seen of the later DTVs, which to be fair isn't much, they feel more like long episodes rather than feature films... which is why they don't have as much of an impact. When you see Zombie Island, it's, like, theatre quality stuff. I'd love to see it on the silver screen, actually, now that I think of it...

For me it's Zombie Island, for the same reasons mentioned above. It was well animated and paced, with a genuinely scary premise and good character development.

I considered this entire franchise a joke before watching Zombie Island, and the only thing that's even begun to live up to that film is the current series.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information