Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Telus: iPhone 4 vs HTC Desire

Here are my questions:build qualitybattery lifecameraonscreen keyboard/inputspeaker phone
    I don't mind either UI, I own a P4000 and am meh about HTC long-term quality, so I'm looking for a great-at-this-point-in-time phone to last me at least another three years.
    I'm familiar with antennagate, but not too concerned. I realize that the apple can be jailbroken, so I might look into that down the road (I've completely customzed my P4000's ROM).

I use a lot of data streaming internet radio, @2GB month.

Also will something like a Bell Samsung Vibrant, or larger make its way to Telus within a month? I've got a pretty good offer from them, but was told that these offers only last about a month before features, etc. are pulled off the shelf and they won't be able to give me the same deal.

Thanks for your help,
    Craig

Hands downbuild quality- iPhone 4battery life- iPhone 4camera- iPhone 4onscreen keyboard/input- iPhone 4speaker phone- iPhone 4

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

HTC Sense keyboard is better than the iPhone keyboard in my experience, because of its word multiple choices, dynamic dictionary, and contextual menus, plus the fact you don't have to change the keyboards to type symbols and numbers.

Another thing, HTC Sense has its own unique Cut and Paste system that actually is better than Apple's, because it not only marks off text for cut and copy, but also for translate and search. The way it uses selection markers is also more touch friendly than Apple's. Its unique to these devices though (plus the EVO, Droid Incredible, Wildfire and Legend) and not with other Androids.

Build quality? I say the Desire because it has an aluminum unibody that is anodized. Guess who also uses aluminum unibodies? Macbook Pros. The iPhone 4 is great too but its all glass and guess which one is much more likely to survive a tall fall. Guess who also uses aluminum unibodies. Aircraft.

Battery life probably on the iPhone 4. HTC never seems to do well here but that's because they tend to be more aggressive boosting the signal on low RF situations. That makes the phone also warm to the touch.

Camera definitely iPhone 4, as the Desire's is the same one on the Nexus One and Droid Eris which is about average. Droid Incredible's camera much better than the Desire's, not just in megapixel but also in lens quality.

Screen sharper on the iPhone 4 but color saturation goes to the Desire. Both are great screens though.

Speaker quality don't know.

I predict that you lack extensive usage of the HTC Desire.

if by extensive usage you mean that i own one and used it, yet still prefer the iphone 4.

have you?

I am exempt from your silly questions.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Of course you are

Of course a guy who makes a custom sig showing off his macbook, TWO ipads, and a stupid white fedora would think so.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yup...

dont forget the blackberry

......haha!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information