Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

Aurelian, I sure hope you're right. But, reading today's news and how Apple has removed Wifi finders from their app store is very discouraging. It's really making think twice if I want to stay with Apple or go with someone else.

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

Meh.. probably just going to sell the 9700 without opening it. It's just that the iPhone as it is does what it does so well (for me) that it's really kind of boring which is why I'm spending so much time looking at other phones. The only thing I REALLY wish I had is push e-mail, but I guess you can't have everything.

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

I'm kind of split between these two as well, although I am leaning toward the bb. Right now i have a samsung m610... so I'm no stranger to crappy battery life, I hate having to constantly charge my phone. I just want to step up to a smartphone as al the dumb phones are well dumb now a days and I'd liek to be able to check email et al on the go.

The way I see it I already have an ipod touch (jailbroken of course) that I can use for what it does best (music apps and games), so getting the bb for checking email here and there or (very) light surfing, texting etc, makes sense... I'm just having a hard time thinking I could need to get an iphone despite trying to weigh the pros and cons... can't figure out what to do

For bb:
    keyboard (I don't like the virtual keyboard on my touch, probably won't liek one on iphone)
    battery life
    phone voice quality good
    data compression
    canadian company (got to support our businesses)

for iphone
    lots of apps
    touchscreen is nice
    media playing
    better mac syncing (although there are ways to sync bb better than in the past)
    it is an apple (I have lots of apple products... we are an apple family)

any advice?

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

I hear Apple's objection was that the apps were using private frameworks that could potentially break. It wasn't quite a "we disapprove of these on principle" moment so much as "we can't guarantee these would keep working" moment.

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

still have both. bought the 9700 when it first came out. used it for about 2 months straight, now using the 3gs. BBM is cool but for some reason, taking pics on the iphone is fun. hahahha.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

got a 3gs today and its BY FAR superior to any BB on the market at this point in time... the thing is so fast.

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

I like the BlackBerry much more than the iPhone after some extensive use of both. The messaging system overall is really something else with the integration of e-mail and all alerts/notifications elegantly assembled. As a phone and as a personal business tool the 9700 is head-and-shoulders above the iPhone. I don't see any reason behind getting the 3GS if you have an iPod touch already.

TBH besides the music/media playback and web browsing the iPhone wasn't really very useful. It does these things much better than the 9700 does, though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

For what it's worth, I have a BB9700 and an iPhone.

The BB is better for things like messaging and ssh. The real keyboard makes a difference for me, and that's as a long-term iPhone user. UMA with the T-mobile version is also a nice bonus for places where I have WiFi but no/marginal coverage.

The iPhone is better for web browsing and has more apps available. In particular I use voip apps a fair bit: Acrobits, Line2/Toktumi, and occasionally Skype.

Both have reasonable IM clients - actually I use BeeJive on both.

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

What about the iPhone 3G vs the BB 9700? my wife and I are looking at these 2, but NOT the 3gs. Will the 3g be too slow compared to the 9700?

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

I guess the one advantage you would get with the iPhone is you'd only have to carry one device.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information