Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

use built in Chat application with Data! mobjab.com

Hi

can you confirm if its working on port 80 or not? Kindly let us know

Team@MobJab

Well.. I gave it a try. I logged in, and got 380 windows opening asking to "add to roster." I just closed them all because I don't want to manually add each person.

As for my contact list -it has nothing, and I'm guessing it'll stay as nothing unless I add each person?

I've given this a try, but haven't had too much luck yet! Seems like a fairly cool service though!

This is the error that I get:
    "Pour ajouter des contacts Yahoo! Messenger a votre liste de contacts, installez la derniere version de Windows Live(TM) Messenger."
    Then:
    "Disconnected from MSN servers: [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): : Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion.]"

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!

Hi

Yes would work on any IMPS supported Nokia handset

Team@MobJab

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

so who's using mobjab with a S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 1 handset and yahoo messenger? nokia are being particularly unhelpful by saying the reason yahoo messenger doesn't work on a n95 is nothing to do with them and they won't comment on 3rd party software! i have told nokia it works on an 3230 but they seem unwilling to investigate. knowing this issue exists on other S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 1 handsets would be a great help?

Hi

Gtalk/Jabber/XMPP is on now.

Also the user account management is also on for adding new external IMs to your existing MobJab account and also editing/changing passwords:

http://www.mobjab.com/uam/

Let us know your feedback.

Team@MobJab

i just got an email from a reader over at www.symbian-addict.com

you can use mobjab.com as a wireless village to connect to your favorite instant messanger. so far i only tried AIM cuz im in a rush trying to get to my moms to take her out to lunch for mothers day. wanted to let you guys know.

www.mobjab.com

it took me like 3 minutes to set up.

hope you guys can get it to work. sorry for not digging up the old IM post i did a search and nothing came up then tried other keywords and i got "can't search more than once. wait 30 seconds".

:buddies:

Hi

380 contacts is kinda big. we have tested with 100 contacts. You need to add and authorise and subscribe to presence of the external transports buddies. Else you wont see the external buddies presence. This is one time process but it has to be done.

Team@MobJab

Wait, how do we login to mobjab.com to make changes, etc?

How do you expect Nokia to investigate? Do you think they have direct access to Mobjab's servers and representative that's currently AWOL from this thread?

That reminds me of how I once called T-mobile some years ago to complain that their Wireless Village server is broken and expected their tech support to even know what that is.

Don't hold high hopes for the built-in IM protocol on Nokias. No one wants to provide this service (because you cannot profit from doing so). The best outcome is if an Open Source project picks it up and allows you to install the server on your own *NIX box. Then you wouldn't have to call Nokia or T-mobile to complain that your own server is broken (or wait for others to implement/fix a feature, like Mobjab, who are probably now wondering how to recover those programmer-hours spent for free on the project).

Another solution would be a Nokia BETA labs Nokia-hosted-server project, but, as evident from the newly released Nokia Chat, Nokia is more interested in its own GPS-powered IM service than donating efforts to AIM/Yahoo/MSN/Google. Especially Google, who is probably sitting on top of its Android pile and realizing the importance of access to hardware. Did I hit all irrelevant third-parties in this rant, or did I miss someone?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information