Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Instinct WAP Solution

Here is the WAP solution for the Samsung Instinct. Although there is another thread on the Metro PCS forum I figured I would post here for the cricket peeps. I can verify this method works as I have tried it on one of my Instincts :clapping: . Credit goes to Midiology at cricketphonetalk.com. Enjoy :buddies:

You will need Cricket PRL ,CDMA Workshop and QPST and the samsung modem drivers for this...
    Please search,, they are easy to find...

Install Cdma workshop, and Qpst if you havent already...
    Now install the modem drivers for your instinct,,,

Remove your memory card if you have one in the phone.. and plug your phone in to your computer...
    after driver installation right click on mycomputer, go to properties,, go to device manager,,, look under com ports,, double click on samsung com port to bring its properties up and find out the com port nuraber and remeraber it..

now go into cdma workshop and select the comport that the phone is on,, click connect,, then once connected click QCDM for Qualcomm DM Mode,,, after a few seconRAB your phone info should pop up on the left side,,,

go to security tab,, click read spc,, your six digit spc should pop up,,, click send spc,, it should say phone unlocked,,, now replace nurabers with six zeros,, then click write spc,, once done then go to other tab,,
    under prl click write prl,, search for your cricket prl and pow it should say written..

once done move on to the next steps...

After Changing your spc to 000000
    and flashing the Cricket prl to the phone...
    do the esn change through cricket..
    perform *228 and get all things updated...

after this go back to Qpst and read the phone..
    once you read the phone.. go to m.ip and change from mobile ip to simple ip only,,, and look at the first 2 user profiles under m.ip open each one up and change the Nai to [email protected],, for both standard and tethered...
    remove any ip address that you find in these 2 profiles. and remove any other profiles except the first 2.
    also make sure both of them say enabled...,,

now go to ppp config...
    look at the tabs that say um and an... under these 2 tabs,, the user id should be [email protected] tethered id should be the same,, password is cricket in lowercase on both tabs,, remove any dns ip address you find in either tab also. just make sure all ip address are blank.

once you are completed with this,, move on to the next step..

click on phone icon
    click on dialer..
    enter ##3282#
    click user name
    click edit
    enter your spc which should already be 000000 by now
    starting from the top here ya go...

User Name "[email protected]"
    SPI MN-HA "1234"
    SPI MN-AAA "1234"
    M Home Address "066.179.166.148"
    Prim Ha Ip "010.000.005.021"
    Sec Ha Ip "010.000.005.022"
    Rev Tunneling "Off"
    AAA Password "cricket"
    HA Password "cricket"

click done,, allow the phone to reboot...

Now do ##3282# again.. this time go to browser
    click edit
    enter spc
    youll see gateway1 and gateway2,,, under both of these
    you will see primary and secondary,,, set primary and secondary ip`s for both gateways to 172.029.223.007,, they will all be the same ip address,, and set the Port and secure Port for all gatways to 8080,, hit done reboot and padow.. there you go...

One thing I noticed on mine was that when I entered 172.029.223.007 for the gateway address I kept getting a connection failed error. Apparently the address can change depending on your cricket market. To see what your address is you can go to command prompt and then nslookup. This will allow you to get the correct wap.mycricket.com ip address for your market.

*Note* This method will work on phones that have already been provisioned through Sprint. If your phone has not been provisioned you can try the following method also courtesy of Midiology:

Ok to all the folks that have a new phone or have hard reset the phone,, these settings will absolutely not get your browser past the provisioning state,, if your browser is trying to set up vision services and hangs,, it is because of this.. ill try to explain..

You see I reset the phone when I got it.. like a moron.. and after resetting it I never could get the browser to come up again,, it kept trying to update my account...
    so here is what the deal is,, and how I think I got it back...

your browser doesnt know if you have your ppp settings installed or not..
    it basically uses a policy,,

when the phone is new,, or reset,, when you open the browser it opens up a hidden NAI application in the background to provision your Sprint vision account,,, once the vision is updated,, it writes to the browser policy telling it it is complete,, then the browser will boot on its own without checking your vision data service... but this will not work on cricket since it is not on sprints vision service...
    Sooooooooo... if this is your case... then following the steps Ive provided,,, start from the beginning,, but this time start clean,, go into qpst and clear all account info and ip address`s from M.IP and PPP config... then start from the very beginning and add it all back in,,,

then when completed , go to phone,, do the ##brew# enter spc
    then youll see a bunch of little icons,, tap each one once while looking at the bottom of the screen,,, look until you see something that just says browser,, double click on this icon,, it may try to bring up your browser,, once you do this, back out and go back to brew and look for the icon that says sde_app there are a couple that say sde,, but use the one that says SDE_APP,, double tap on this it should bring up a list of like Start sde:addr start sde:mailto etc..
    click on start sde:http and then I think you click browse,, the browser may or may not come up when you click this,, but i did this and after exiting brew it no longer tried to verify account,, it just brought the browser up properly like it should,, I dont know if it was a coincidence or what but it got it back..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Instinct WAP Solution

not working for me i get a network busy lol iono whats going on

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Instinct WAP Solution

I just tried to do an Instinct M30 today, it was brand new in the box. The talk/text part was cake like always, but the MMS/WAP solution provided just wouldn't work. I know my IP info is correct and the damn thing just isn't working for whatever reason. Could it be cause the phone is new?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Instinct WAP Solution

i can get to the cricket homepage... nowhere else

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Instinct WAP Solution

Ok so i had my phone up and working perfect and when i woke up this morning the internet said error 2048 network busy. please try again. What would cause this? Im still in the same place and havent traveled. Could the ip have changed or something? what else would cause that? I checked all settings and nothing! please help

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Instinct WAP Solution

why cant i get rid of the sprint service! ughh.
    and now when i dial it just says service unavailable. but i have signal.

and when the phone cuts on it still says "entering sprint service area"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Instinct WAP Solution

Does anyone knows the IP for Fresno CA
    Thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Instinct WAP Solution

command prompt and then nslookup i didn't know can someone help me with is

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Instinct WAP Solution

sorry man- i've been outta pocket for a few days

hit me up again and we'll talk

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Instinct WAP Solution

Thanks randomwit.
    i appreciate the time you took to post that useful info.
    cheers :buddies:

So is there anyother way to get the right Ip address for my market in san diego? i dont have a fully flashed lg phone or an aircard..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information