A few weeks ago I noticed a hard snapping type of noise coming from my drivers side left wheel. I took my car to my local Mazda Dealer and they replaced the passengers side cv axle and said the car was good to go. The moment I drove the car off the lot, I noticed a lot of noise esp. going over bumps and that snapping noise was still there. I called the Service Manager and let him know, he asked that I come in and let him drive the car. During a brief 10 min drive, he said it probably had something to do with the steering system but me the car was safe. I drove off and I didn't feel safe so I got a second opinion. Another mechanic told me that my drivers side control arm was broken and the bushings needed to be replaced. The car needed to be repaired a.s.a.p. because it was not safe. I had the work done and my car is quieter. Only problem is that the other night while parked at a gas station, my power steering light went on and for a few seconds it was hard to turn. The light hasn't come on since. Should I get it checked? The Mazda Dealer would still like to look at it - has offered to give me a free loaner and will "work with me" on whatever might be wrong. I'm hesitant to go back (they sent me out with a bad control arm) but this other mechanic said that he would know best because he has access to the "Mazda Network"- whatever that means. What do I do? I did some research online and maybe having my power steering fluid changed and the system cleaned might help? Btw, the power steering fluid is at the max level.

I would appreciate any help.