After the debates last night Sarah Reidy, the national director of scheduling for Jon Huntsman's presidential campaign, took to her facebook to mention her distaste for the way the debates have been going as far as the crowds responses.
The responses to the executions during Governor Rick Perry's tenure, and cheering when the moderator asked if a sick person who was uninsured should die or not, with the ever tasteful "YES! YES!" from people in the crowd, have left her frustrated.
She says she has spent years trying to convince the people that the Republican party is not the party of elitists, and lack of compassion, but with loud people like that it makes it increasingly hard for her and others to prove.
She also said "When did creativity and growth become secondary to hate? Hearing the debate crowds go crazy over things like executions and the uninsured dying makes me sick and sad for my Party that I devote my time and efforts."
She's not the only one feeling like that though, there's been similar complaints among the party. People working in the party are growing frustrated.
Even Perry had a comment to NBC news following the debates, he said that he was "taken aback" by the shouting as well.
"We're the party of life," Perry said. "We ought to be coming up with ways to save lives."
Are there any other Republicans who agree with these statements? Does anyone else feel frustrated, or embarrassed by the lack of tact that's being showcased for all the public to see from the party?
I'm sure there are, but what do you guys feel that you should do about it to prove that not everyone in the party is a loon, and that the party does have compassion? I'm just curious. Or do you agree with the things that some of these crowds are doing?
Where did the sanity in politics go, and at this rate can it ever return?