Had alternator replaced a year ago and now I got a diagnosis that say alternator is overchaging battery. So. I have them replace them both and leave with my car and the next day the car wouldn't start at all. It was towed back to shop and after about a week they said car has an electrical problem may be to blame because when the open my door, the something goes up on this machine they were using and they would need to check EVERY wire to find the culprit. 3 weeks later I got sick of them not being able to give me answers, took my car home and unplugged it at night for about 3 nights.

Well one day I tried to drive to school and the engine sounded like it was gonna come out the top! Took it back and about 2 weeks later they said car was running better but I need a tune up and it still has the charging issue. They recommended I come and get it and take to wiring professional shop...took to them and long story short they talked bad about first shop, gave me another alternator at the expense of first shop and told me they couldn't fix it because they couldn't get passed a computer test. They said someone loaded them a computer to test something but car needs to be reprogrammed now and that will take the dealership. $750 later...my car sits outside (starts up by morning now) but it runs like CRAP!

Sorry so long...any SERIOUS advise?