I am a 20 year old college student, and I am completely lost with trying to decide what I want to do with my life.

The only thing that I really want is a career that interests me, and I would love to become a college professor. Writing and debate are two of my strongest talents, so I think that Philosophy would be a good major for me if it weren't for the fact that there is nothing that you can do with it.

I was thinking of double majoring in Philosophy and another major with more career options, like History, Psychology, Religion Studies, or another social science. With any of these, I do plan to go to grad school, no matter what I need to do to get in, and I also plan to find internships once I get to the 300 level in courses.

Now, I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what else to major in or what direction to go. I don't think law is for me--I'm more of the type who wants to research something and get paid to do it. I'm also interested in just about everything besides chemistry and physics.

Also, would I be able to finish a program like this in 5 semesters if I have all my gen. eds. and sciences done and I take 18 credit hours per semester?

Thanks in advance for any advice.