Last night for about 5 minutes straight on my left side, just below my ribs I felt a very weird sensation. It felt almost like heartburn, but obviously in the wrong spot. It also felt tingly. It's happened occasionally in the past so I shrugged it off and went to sleep with it still hurting slightly after the initial sensation wore off. Then about 6 hours ago I was on break at work sitting. Out of nowhere it came back, only stronger and the sensation lasted about 10 minutes. After wards it continued for about an hour mildly. Then about two hours ago I was still at work, and it came back very strong. It was at the point where I actually had to stop what I was doing for a few minutes.

Just as background, I'm 16, and I haven't done any intense physical activitiy this weekend. The last time I did was when I went for a run on Thursday, but had no problems until Saturday. I'm not on my period or pregnant. My mom thinks it could possibly be a mussle I pulled, though it feels different than when you pull a muscle.

Any ideas, help, or opinions would be great! Do you think I should see a doctor ASAP, or is it probably nothing?