Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fast road bicycle???

Whats a cheap but good road bicycle out like up to ?650

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Torker Interurban or a Jamis Venture Sport. It is important to go to go to a knowledgeable bike shop and try a lot of bikes.

If you want a used bike they will ask you how much you want to spend. At this point don't be as cheap as me when I said "oh, around $100" because in the end I got an old, heavy road bike with a lot of problems. Also old steel wheels have the tendency to go out of true.

For ?650 you could find a used bike that is as good or better than many new bikes, depending on the bike of course. For that much my bike shop would sell me a Tomaso road bike with Campagnolo components and SPD pedals already installed, that he says has been ridden across the U.S.

You could find a classic bike with a Chromoly frame and even STI shifters and good components.

In some cases with a used bike they will even let you take it home for a while.

Even if you are not knowledgeable you could snap a few photos with the phone, identify the manufacturer and level of components, read up and ask questions.

But still you are better off going into a bike shop buying a new model for that much because at least you know it will be reliable and serviceable.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your question is quite ambiguous Really, all bikes could be seen as fast dependant on bearings, tyres, ally or steel etc etc. try looking at second hand bikes, looking at what components are on the bike and then work from there. Also look for bikes that have recently been serviced.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information