I first got my period seven years ago when I was ten. Every single period I've had has been very painful, but in a cramp-y sort of way. I take ibuprofen and it feels better in a few hours, and it's all fine.

I recently got my period for this month, and for some reason, on top of the normal amount of pain, there is a stabbing pain on my lower left abdomen. I'm wondering why this could be. Also, my period is usually far from light. I normally go through one size "super" tampon every two hours. But I've only had to use the "regular" size, and there's not even much blood on it when I change it every two hours. Also, my lower back hurts really bad. It started hurting before I got my period, but when my period started it got a lot worse.

Some other things not directly related to the question so I don't have to go back and clarify later. I am sexually active. And for those who don't feel like doing simple math, I'm 17 years old. Please don't tell me how stupid it is to be having sex at my age, it's irrelevant to the question.

Thank you in advance.