i think he is one of the best guitarists ever. i know a lot of guitarists don't like him and i don't understand that at all.

a lot of times he doesn't play guitar in the traditional way at all.... and that is what i love about him! to me he pushes the boundaries of the instrument and i support that on all levels of music. to me he brings a new level of sound and experimentation with the instrument (bringing all sorts of different sounds that have never been done before, like dj scratching solo's or making it sound like a harmonica) i like that a lot more than someone who can hit 90 different notes in 6 seconds. its like fast playing has been done to death... do something different! and he brings something different and bizarre to the table.

to me in music people should push the boundaries as far as they can go. be as bizarre and strange as you can. that is always the most interesting stuff... don't be a copy of another band. do something different be out there and crazy... if you aren't willing to go out on a limb and create something different than your just going to sound like something thats already been done.

i think tom morello brought something new to the table.