Well, I am a graduate international students, and have almost finished my masters program. There is boy who is an undergraduate student in our university who also lives on-campus and he is also an international student (however, he seems to be from Europe). I don't know how often it happens to you that you find some people suddenly very familiar as if there is a relation between you and them in way that has not been explored. I have never actually never talked with this guy (only once when his guy friend sat beside me in the bus, he told me thank you). He seems very easy and comfortable, but as both of us are very busy and I often see him on the way to the dorms (he lives in a different dorm) or in the library. For a long time I was very busy with my thesis, and did not even have time to think about the fact that I like to talk with him, or maybe because I did not know as I am about 5-7 years older than him (I am almost 30, while he must be 23-26). However, as we are still both students, I still keep seeing him in the university, he might even have a girlfriend at his home country or somewhere else, I don't know. I just find him kind of more familiar than other strangers, and I guess he has also noticed that. However, I don't know how to approach, should I go ahead and if there is a good situation, call him and ask him where he is from? and tell him the truth that I find him kind of familiar to me? Should I introduce myself then and should I be the one who offers handshake after I say by the way my name is Mary?
I see him almost everyday, and as he walks very fast, and just goes to Mac computers in the library and works with computers, and I am a PC user, and he knows that cause he has also seen me for a long time, and has even noticed that I am curious about knowing him. It is just the age difference and that I guess he has a girlfriend somewhere as he uses his facebook and is on laptop most of the times, and he does not even pause while walking although he has found that I am curious about him. So what do you suggest me to do in my situation?