Hi all

I'm currently self employed in the trade and my mobile means a lot to me, especially voicemail which I use a lot when it comes to customer details, which is why I'm a vodafone business customer.

I had a few saved messages with customer details on and also a new message which I hadn't listened to yet.

I decided to upgrade a few days ago, but shortly after making the order I found that vodafone had reset my entire voicemail service, which in result has deleted all my messages including the one I hadn't even listened to yet, and one of them had a very important customers details on it.

Vodafone are trying to blame me for the fault (saying that my phone must be faulty and has somehow dialled in and deleted my messages of its own accord!) but that still doesn't explain how the whole service got reset (it's asking me to set up my personal greeting and voicemail pin)

Just wondering if I should try to claim some compensation from vodafone or do you reckon that this sort of thing will be classed as a service which CAN go wrong (similar to them not guaranteeing you always have signal)????