Ok here we go. I just bought a new Sanyo DP42841 HDTV. We have cable and the box has the HDMI output connection and it works fine. I have it hooked via HDMI to the TV and using RCA plugs sound goes to receiver if wanted and it works fine.

I am trying to finish hooking everything up and ran into a problem. First here are the main components I am using:

Sanyo DP42841 HDTV
JVC RX6000V receiver- no HDMI ports optical and digital ins and outs, S-video and RCA ports
Pioneer DV-260 DVD player- optical and digital outputs

So this is a component set-up. LP, tape, VHS, TV/DBS, CD player.

Audio from receiver works fine.

How can get a picture from my receiver to the TV? I tried running a yellow RCA cord from my receiver's output to the Video in put in the TV, no picture. I connect my WII and use the Video 1 input and it works fine.

Last night I tried putting in a DVD in the Pioneer and got audio, no brain-er but no picture.

With our old TV I used the S-Video ports from the receiver to the TV and it worked fine.

Now I get audio and picture from our cable provider VIA HDMI and when wanted via receiver from that source.

How can I connect my receiver to this TV?
Ok so it's been awhile since I messed with this wiring mess. Got it all working, Thanks for any answers.