Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be owed PPI

Beneficial were part of HFC who were bought out by HSBC and are being wound up though I believe small pockets still exist.

There were all sorts of conditions on PPI which meant that many people wouldn't have been able to claim even if they had been paying premiums. Also if they pushed the PPI, or made you believe that you wouldn't get the loan without it then that would be Mis-selling. Beneficial and HFC did mis-sell a lo of PPI loans.

Asking about the original loan and PPI shouldn't effect your current agreement.

I think, though I'm not sure, that if you were under paying your loan repayments (as opposed to not paying at all) the PPI premium would have been given priority by the bank so would have reduced the payments that you were making against the loan and interest.

Get in touch with the bank and see if you can get details of the original loan and PPI then take it to citizens advice. You could try writing to them at HFC Bank Limited, PO Box 5207, Coventry, CV3 9FB.
    If you give them existing account nuraber they should be able to give you all previous account nurabers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be owed PPI

It's a total scam, unless like me you were made redundant and got to claim 10% of your credit carRAB balance each month for up to a year to help get you through the time it took to get a new job.......

It's only a scam if you are not told you are paying for it or why. If you are told what it is up front and how it is paid out (ie only if you are made redundant, not fired or leave of your own will, or if you are taken ill etc) then how is that a scam? A loan isnt something you are forced to take out by the government or face being killed...lol

I agree that it does add quite a bit to the cost of repayment in some instances, but then if you do need it, its worth its weight in gold, certainly better than the bankruptcy alternative (if you prefer to be someone who pays his way in life and not just life off other peopls hard graft that is).

Edit: for the OP, the interest grew faster than you could repay? So presumably this was a credit card and not a fixed loan? For the interest to keep growing it would mean they raised the interest rate, but would also mean you kept on using the card? To be honest, I'm not so sure you could reclaim the PPI, as you entered in to difficulties that ended up meaning a new agreement was made for the amount on loan, which means there was a possibility you might have required the PPI at some point as its clear you were not able to make your repayments. The best you might hope for is to find out who controlled the company that loaned you the money when the interest rates increased (assuming thats what happened) and ask them to prove if they sent you a letter advising the rates were increasing and if any of the increases were significant (say more than 4% iirc), then they should have made it clear you could cancel the agreement at the standing rate (before it rises) and repay at that level but have no further access to funRAB on the card.

If you are lucky, and they cannot prove they gave you this advice, you might get back interest paid higher than that amount, but generally speaking, a claim for anything on any product/service neeRAB to be raised within 5 years of the time it happened, so you might be able to claim for any overpayment for the last 5 years, but not beyond that. And its only a chance possibility, most banks will include that you can cancel if the increase is very large, but if its a few percent a year, then you have no grounRAB.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be owed PPI

all you need to know is here

PPI Reclaiming Guide: £1,000s for mis-sold loan insurance...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be owed PPI

In my opinion, the biggest PPI crooks are the nasty little companies cold-calling and pressurising people into making PPI claims.

I had several loans through the whole 'PPI miselling' period and as far as I am concerned I was aware of what I was buying every time. I was often offered PPI which I turned down.

Personally I don't think it was as hidden or malicious as people are making out.

Yes I'm sure there was some mis-selling but I'm also sure that the majority of claims are by people who knew (or should have known) about the PPI element, had no need to claim on it and now they want their money back.

So to the OP, if you remeraber taking out PPI how can it have been mis-sold? I thought the mis-selling case was all about PPI being built into the repayment cost without the borrower's knowledge.

Cheers,

Nigel

Big_Al

I may be owed PPI

Well we first took a mortgage out, we had our own business and the bank advisor knew the situation as she came to our office to discuss the mortgage. She still gave us the PPI forms to sign saying it would cover us.
    However I read the small prints that said that self employed and people directors of their own company wouldn't be covered. So we didn't take it but she'd have sold it to us if I didn't read the 4 pages of size 1 font terms and conditions.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be owed PPI

Well, that's that idea knackered then, innit?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be owed PPI

Just because he remerabers taking it out, doesnt mean it wasnt mis-sold at all- its about how it was sold to you- be it just telling you its part of the policy, not explaining what it is, having it pre ticked, or it not even being relevant for your circomstances for example

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be owed PPI

True, I don't know his actual situation.

But I still beleive that the majority are claiming just because they can rather than really being mis-sold a product.

Cheers,

Nigel

>>>Kyle<<<

I may be owed PPI

Just because you know you had it doesnt mean that it was not misssold. If someone was sold it and was self employed they could not have claimed redundancy benefit and so it would have been an unsuitable product.

I am not saying jump on the band waggon like evryone else, but if you put a claim in it is usually up to the seller to prove it was appropriate and suitable at the time of the sale.

Although there is absolutely no need to go through a claims management company on this type of policy as there is very little you need to do and most claims that are accepted would have been accepted without a third party!

As on average they take 25 - 30% of your settlement this can be quite a chunk

I may be owed PPI

Just claim it back yourself,i've claimed back both my loans northern rock gave me &#00163;1200 ,yorkshire bank&#00163;7000 also the missus got back &#00163;6500 and the balance of her loan wiped out with hfc...
    Its really easy and there is now a specific department for dealing with these claims within each individual bank..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information